Seinfeld

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gorn, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    I recently got Hulu and have been watching a lot of Seinfeld. I haven't seen the show in years. Is it not one of, if not the greatest sitcom of all time? There was never a bad episode. Each is a classic with some silly little thing that becomes a part of pop culture. What's your favorite episode? Which of Jerry's girlfriends was your favorite?

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    My favorite show ever, beating out Coach and Wings.
    We signed up for Hulu before Seinfeld was released. Once we saw it was coming out, we felt like we won the lottery.

Favorite episode? Oh boy, that's tough. The Bizzaro Jerry is great, so is the Eurpoean handbag, so is the one about George and the shrimp. Or the time George and Mike fight over the parking space. Picking a favorite Seinfeld is like picking a favorite Twilight Zone episode. Impossible for me.

-Mike

3. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    Picking a favorite is hard. I love some of the episodes around the time George is engaged. The "you could have done a lot better than him" episode. George is happily packing his stuff at the end only to find out Susan was thinking about the wedding menu. But I guess if I have to pick it's the one where Georges parents meet Susan's parents, Kramer gives the horse beef-a-reno and George reels in the rye like he caught a trophy bass.
    Don't have much of an opinion on Jerrys girlfriend but I'll pick the one that's the mom on Gilmore girls I have always thought she was pretty cute.

4. I just saw Bizzaro Jerry (again) a couple nights ago ... "she's got man hands" :D

So many great episodes - remember The Pie with the mannequin that looked like Elaine or The Stall "can you spare a square" or the final two episodes where they're all on trial. Too many to name all, but I regularly DVR a lot of my fave episodes. Long live Seinfeld reruns. :thumbsup:

Another cool thing about Seinfeld was all the stars that got their start there.

murphy likes this.
  5. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    I always liked the one when Kramer found the entire Merv Griffin set in the dumpster and set it up in his apartment, and then everybody that came over was like a talk show guest.

Oh and the one where Kramer had Putty help him install a garbage disposal in his shower. "I prepared these salads as I bathed!"

6. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I have always hated that show. Annoying show about annoying people, just couldn't take it. Didn't find it funny at all.

7. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Mulva. :)

No wait......Delores!

-Mike

8. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    My favorite is probably the Lloyd Braun episode with the gum. As far as girlfriends, the girl that got whatever she wanted. Remember her? She got movie tickets and got out of a parking ticket. And Terri Hatcher, of course. They're real and they're spectacular.

JFOC and murphy like this.
  9. Ironbar

Ironbar Inactive

Aug 24, 2013
    Tigard, Oregon
    1) Soup Nazi

2) Man Hands

murphy likes this.
  10. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Man hands was beautiful.

Ironbar likes this.
  11. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    image.jpeg

Ironbar and murphy like this.
  12. capnjim

capnjim

Mar 13, 2008
    It took me a few years to find this song. I searched and searched. Finally found it. Turn up your volume to full!!!!!

JMacBass65 and bassbully like this.
  13. Darth Handsome

Darth Handsome Inactive

Oct 1, 2010
    Winnipeg
    I like when Elaine & Putty are on the plane, and I like the Kramerica one.

murphy and MJ5150 like this.
  14. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!

Wait....did Mandelbaum find Jerry with all the sausage in his apartment when he was training him? I can't remember.

15. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    I've been watching it since I was a kid (and didn't really get the humour). The first one I ever remember seeing is the one where they're lost in the parking garage and Jerry gets arrested by a mall cop for public urination.

Favourite episode: probably the butter shave. George was the best. For those you with Instagram there's an account called costanzagrams and it's hilarious. The one when Jerry's gf walks in on George after he was in the pool is a classic too.

Favourite girlfriend: the maid he starts sleeping with.

16. I really liked The Parking Space, and all the people that walked by including cops that couldn't decide who was right.
    The Pez Dispenser was pretty good too when George's girlfriend found out it was Elaine who started laughing at the recital.

murphy and MJ5150 like this.
  17. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    I can't pick a favorite. But, I have heard that Superman is mentioned in every episode in some way or another. I always forget to concentrate on it when I am watching. Anybody else heard of this?

18. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I saw Seinfeld at the Paramount back in the early 90's as his show was taking off. I had only seen a few episodes at that point. I noticed people were going up to the stage and setting Pez dispensers for Jerry to see. By the end of the show, there must have been 100 of them up there. He addressed the row of them, but didn't add much more to his show about it. I had no idea what that was all about at the time. A couple years later, I saw the episode and it all made sense.

-Mike

Solarmist and electracoyote like this.
  19. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Serenity now! I think some of the best episodes had either or both of George's parents. Some notables off the top of my head:

The butter shave
    The cigar lounge
    The maestro
    The muffin tops
    The contest

It was pretyt much the best show ever :D

murphy likes this.
  20. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Usually not mentioned but seen somewhere on set, yeah. Either a toy in Jerry's apartment or an S sticker on the fridge.

Datsgor likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021