1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Set up two individual dual action truss rods

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by miguel0706, Aug 27, 2012.

1. miguel0706

miguel0706

Jun 13, 2012
    Hi Talk Bass Friends!

Well, this is my question; How to set up bass neck with two individual dual action truss rods?

My bass is SR-706TK and I Ask to Ibanez what kind of double truss rod it has and the tell me "two individual dual action truss rods".

Now, how is the correct (better or best) way to set up this neck.

Thank you my friends :)

2. miguel0706

miguel0706

Jun 13, 2012
    Any help? Please :(

3. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I can't give you an authoritative answer but I did have an Alembic Excel with the same config and my set-ups turned out nicely. Truth be told that individually each rod had a profound influence on both the treble and bass sides. First off, I kept the strings at pitch during the adjustment. If reducing relief, I would first tighten the the bass rod 1/16-1/8 of a turn. When addressing the treble rod, what I would notice immediately was that it felt relatively loose once the wrench was applied. I would snug it up just to the point where I felt a firmer resistance approximate to that of the bass rod. Repeat the process back and forth, throw a capo and feeler gauges at it to check progress, and you're good to go.

Riis