1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Seth Kimmel Bass For Sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by GL Bass, Apr 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GL Bass

GL Bass

Apr 23, 2014
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Amazing Seth Kimmel bass for sale. This bass won the Silver Medal for Tone at the 2009 ISB Convention at Penn State University. Everything about this bass is fantastic. This bass sings with both arco and pizz. Huge, rich, clear sound...simply amazing.

This is currently the only Kimmel bass available for sale in the world! The current waiting time is about one year for a new Seth Kimmel bass.

Attached Files:

2. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Seth's basses are gorgeous. With this being local I sorely wish I were in a position to consider it.

btw a mod will probably be along shortly to ask you to post a price and fill out your profile....kinda nice to know how much and who you're dealing with.

3. GL Bass

GL Bass

Apr 23, 2014
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Thanks for the heads up!

Asking $23,000

Also, I want to clarify that I am NOT the owner. I posted this with consent from the current owner and Seth Kimmel to help facilitate a sale.

4. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey

Jul 27, 2005
    Seth is the best - whomever buys this bass will be very happy I am sure. What # is it?

5. GL Bass

GL Bass

Apr 23, 2014
    Vancouver/Seattle
    This bass is Number 6. One of his earlier works and an amazing instrument!

6. Whisper

Whisper Supporting Member

What's the string length on this?

7. GL Bass

GL Bass

Apr 23, 2014
    Vancouver/Seattle
    String length is 104 cm.

8. aaronblick

aaronblick

Nov 18, 2014
    Is this bass still available? If so is it possible to get one of Seth's custom extensions with it?

9. Steve Freides

Steve Freides Former Mannes College Theory Faculty Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Ridgewood, NJ
    Forgive a change of subject, but I noticed the label says Tone (Jazz) - does the ISB convention award a separately for tone for classical? I looked on the ISB web site (I guess I should join) and couldn't find any mention of a distinction.

Thanks.

-S-

10. gnibgnob

gnibgnob

Apr 14, 2011
    Is this bass still available?

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.