1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
     
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Should I or shouldn't I? Help please

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chilievans, Aug 19, 2012.


  1. chilievans

    chilievans

    Sep 5, 2010
    Hi guys I have a decision to make and I'm not sure what to do.

    Let me explain. A guy at work has offered me an Ashdown Little Giant 350 and a homemade 1x15 cab (eminence big cat speaker) for £100. Sound good to me but I don't know a lot about amps. At the moment I'm playing through a Roland Cube 30 which is I think is pretty good but I do fancy a change. I cant justify having the two so what should I do? Sell the Roland and get the Ashdown or just hold on to the Roland?
     
  2. Play it and see if you fall in love with it.
     
  3. DiabolusInMusic

    DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

    I imagine your ashdown prices are far better than mine so I don't know if that is a good price used in your market. The ashdown will keep up with a guitarist and drummer if need be, plus you can always upgrade the cab to something larger as long as the head can handle it.

    I would get it, I prefer heads and cabs to combos though, those 2 will get the ball rolling. Then you get a new cab should you feel the need and should you ever want to change out the head you can, they are not stuck together like a combo.
     
  4. chilievans

    chilievans

    Sep 5, 2010
    Cool.
    BTW I only play at home as Im not in a band.
     

Share This Page