Shoulder Surgery

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Spanky, Jun 26, 2004.

1. On the 23rd of June I had a rotator cuff repair and partial clavicle removal done. They told me it would be a minimum of 6 weeks before I could even think of playing. I even turned down an opportunity to head out on a national tour. Here I am 3 days later and I have way better range of motion than they had anticipated, and I can play pretty decently in a sitting position. (cant yet bear the weight of my 5 string strapped and standing). The tour doesnt head out until the first week of August. I coulda went. Im bummed. But I guess its good news that Im doing so well. Anyone else had surgery/medical issues slow them down?
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Cut the **** out of my finger a few months ago. After a couple weeks I was playing again just as badly as I ever had before.
  3. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I had third degree burns on my right hand after a grill accident last summer. Luckily, it was on my ring and pinky fingers, so I was back into playing less than a week later. Note that they didn't actually heal completely for about six weeks :(. Still got the pink marks on my fingers too.

Seriously, working in fast food ain't a good place for musicians. The pickel juice made the skin on my fingers crack, that burn I described wasn't the only one I suffered there, and the constant handwashing, the soap, the dishcleaning, and the table cleaning wreaks havok on a person's hands. Staaaaay awaaaaaay! It took months before my hands looked respectable again.
  5. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Thanks man. I had the same operation two years ago but then I grew super fast so it caused some problems and now they're going to take the first one out and put in a new one in a different spot. I'm currently 16 years old and 6' 3 1/2"

Glad your operation worked out too.
  6. Let me know how it turns out for ya! Im still having pain in the shoulder but Im not letting it slow me down as far as playing goes...fortunately we are working on a CD right now and most of my playing time has been in the studio. :ninja:
  7. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Oh, it went fine. I'm still sore but can walk around and stuff pretty much like normal. There was another thread I made in OT titled "Temporary Absence" about it.
  8. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    Id say bring an armless recliner for the whole tour. :bassist: haha There is no law that forces you to stand for a show, and that would be cool to see the bass player in a recliner playing at a show. :D