Show me your compact pedalboard setup

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by garmenteros, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Roxbororob

Roxbororob Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Montreal
    I have two as well.

Sonicblaze likes this.
  2. Sonicblaze

Sonicblaze Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Good call before the compressor, that way the compressor doesn't act on the unnecessary frequencies.

I actually run an HX Stomp as my centerpiece, so really I have like 3 hpf's going myself. One on input (global EQ), one before any tracking effects (move block/path as needed), and then a Microthumpinator right at the end of everything.

Das Jugghead likes this.
  3. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    Wired up a second, smaller board for immediate crunchy tones, leaving the other one for synth madness. The Wah is a Wilson Effects Freaker Mini.

20210513_180204.jpg

johnsilva, dwagner, lgrankin and 6 others like this.
  4. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    You should trade me your PDR for my Union LAB!

5. Smurf-o-Deth

Smurf-o-Deth ¡No me gustan mis pantalones!

Oct 2, 2007
    The state of denial.
    But...I really like my PDR!

6. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    Very cool minimalistic board… I bet it does sound great with the 400+.

7. Johno Dunn

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    I like my Union LAB, but the PDR is the best I’ve owned. Really fit my playing style and the tone I was looking for. The Union is growing on me, super easy to dial in!

Smurf-o-Deth likes this.
  8. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
  9. dwagner

dwagner Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2013
    North Dakota, USA
    West Coast Pedalboard. I custom ordered but they have in stock ones too. Mines 18x12.

teej and cosmicevan like this.
  10. Johno Dunn

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    3ACFD621-8A20-40A0-81AD-749767A1788F.jpeg Here’s what I ended up with, and boy does it sound good through the IEM’s!
    Can’t wait for Sunday!:hyper:

TheLopp, bassbrad, Rocksolid and 13 others like this.
  11. alack

alack

Nov 20, 2000
    Florida
    How are you using the line selector in the MS-60B?

12. Johno Dunn

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    ZNR is in the first slot, then the line selector, then BassDrive into Qtron. Click the Line Selector to turn on my dirty filter.

alack likes this.
  13. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    Nano plus??

14. Johno Dunn

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    Rockboard Duo 3.1

MTN.bass72 likes this.
  15. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    The discussion about best place for HPF when introducing new low freqs via octave down and filter got me thinking! I've decided to compromise by putting it mid-board immediately before my little Zoom multifx but after all the additional low-f stuff. I'll have to 'fess to having an ulterior motive in that I've got a couple of pedals offboard that I was really keen to find some space for, so I took the opportunity to sling the Thumpinator below board as an "always-on" pedal and have now slotted in a Pigtronix Octavia in its place. PB - 2105 IIA.jpg PB - 2105 IIB.jpg

16. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe Supporting Member

Jun 4, 2001
    Gainesville, FL
    Signal chain is Bacchus 5 string jazz with TI flats > Octabvre > Wonderlove [loop > Doom > MBD2] > SLO. It's fun. Need some wobble, a tuner, and a Metro 16 or 20 to fit it all, though.

Attached Files:

Rayek, dabis, BrentSimons and 5 others like this.
  17. Really awesome looking board. How is the Boss SY1 working out? I plan on getting Zoom B1 after listening thru its synth effects. How do they compare?

BrentSimons likes this.
  18. FronTowardEnemy

FronTowardEnemy It is better to go unnoticed, than to suck Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2006
    Chicago Illinois
    Recently put this together. Posted in another thread.
    0E97A24D-CCBC-4E08-B2E0-577D428587D7.jpeg FC32C506-C46A-4489-9277-A1ADC6D0A2A6.jpeg

cosmicevan, dabis, lgrankin and 5 others like this.
  19. Johno Dunn

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    Ch ch ch ch changes.... 74D3C304-AE68-40C9-83CE-56FB932622EC.jpeg

20. Al Krow

Al Krow

Jan 15, 2018
    London
    Thanks! The Synth sounds from them are quite different, the Zoom actually gets closer to the "80s" synth sound but you've got a ton of sonic choices from the SY-1. There's a few decent bass focused clips on YT that will give you an idea of what its core sounds are and the tracking on the SY-1 is superb.

Many would say that a Source Audio C4 or Panda FI are better synth pedals; they may be right (not least because they have true synth wave generators whereas the SY-1 is a synth emulator) but you're looking at double the price once you have got all the extras to make them work fully (eg midi controller etc) and they both need you to roll up your sleeves and get into PC editing to get the most out of them, whereas the Boss is plug and play with the immediacy of dials.

Personally I'm a massive fan of the Zoom B1-4 for everything else it does. I've not come across a pedal that is more versatile or better value for money. I like it so much I've got one at the center of my board, as you can see, and a spare that I slip into a gig bag as a headphone amp!

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021