1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Show us your double neck Bass/E. guitars!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sojhen, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Ice Pirates?

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    heh i think it's a bit of both. let's face it, to be ingenious in rock you've got to be pompous. it's rock.

3. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    Why..to look cool of course! :)

The first time I saw Rush was on the "Moving Pictures" tour in '81. Geddy Lee used a guitar bass double neck on "Passage To Bankok". DUring the guitar solo, he switched from bass to rhythm guitar and played the bass line with tarus pedals at his feet. Very musical and cool.

During Xanadu, Geddy and guitarist Alex Lifeson were both playing double necks. I wasn't clear why Geddy needed a double neck on this song, but it looked really cool!

On Rush's 2005 tour they resurected Xanadu. Geddy stuck with a 4 stringer and it sounded just as awesome!

I would love to get a double neck, but I question the praticality. I look at what I lug to my gigs now and that would be too much headache for not enought benefit

4. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Again during Alex's solo. He switched over to the 12 string and played the bass line on the Moog Taurus pedals.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004

6. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I LOVE the Double-Neck Single-Cut Cirrus!!!!! That should be made into a reality for sure. Here are a few of my dreams....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. nice!

8. Zaphod Beeblebrox!

9. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    A flying W anyone?

00_1_b.

10. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    LOLOL!!!

COOL!!!!

11. ah. I only read the books. I never saw the first movie. looking forward to the new one and seeing all his "flying V" charisma on screen!

12. run paper!
    scissors.
    picasso.
    um...
    harp.
    two necks pff..
    [​IMG]
    cinque.
    um....*** mate
    3headed_front.

13. hansfrank13

hansfrank13

Mar 15, 2011
    heres mine
    DSCN3230.jpg picture by hansfrank13 - Photobucket

has any one seen an 8 string (octave) bass with a 12 string guitar? i'm thinking about getting an 8 string bass neck for this one. Will the P/J pickups pickup the 8 string evenly?