Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Show us your double neck Bass/E. guitars!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sojhen, Mar 19, 2005.

1. I thought it would be nice to see a whole array of different double neck guitars.... I've always thought that it was a great idea to build a guitar like that... And lately I've been growing a large fasination with see beautiful basses. Frankly it's fun to see all the different models owned by people all over the world... So I challenge you to show your gorgeous instruments for the drooling pleasure of others :D (especially myself) :D Thanks for taking time to read this thread it is much appreciated... :hyper: :bassist: :hyper: :eyebrow:

2. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    (Waits for JT...)

(I'm a self proclaimed DN whore ever since high school when I caught them in the Carvin catalogs of the early 80's, so I'm in for the eye candy.)

[Edit] Doh, just re-read the thread title and realized you were asking about DN's with Bass and those thin stringed six strings... Oh well, JT's got one of those too he's hoarding in his closet, but I'll continute with the DN Bass hijack...]

3. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    [​IMG]
    Warrior 4/12 string
    [​IMG]
    Basslabs 5 string fret/fretless
    [​IMG]
    Alembic 4 fretless/8 fretted ( I WANT!!! :bawl: )
    [​IMG]
    Status Doubleneck Kingbass (4 fretted/fretless I think)
    [​IMG]
    Billy Sheehan's Custom Attitude DN (BEAD/EADG)
    [​IMG]
    Benavente 5 string/Doubled 8 string (He keeps making me want to be a little girl!!!!)
    [​IMG]
    Helborg & his DN Wal
    [​IMG]
    Curbow 4/8
    [​IMG]
    Pedulla 4/8

I'll try and hijack some more later...

4. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, there's this one...

[​IMG]

and then of course, there is this one...

[​IMG]

5. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Jaco only needed one neck...

:D

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I owned and gigged one of these in the mid-late 80s
    [​IMG]

Mine had the fretless on bottom though

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    [​IMG]
    You can get one for a mere $500 when musicyo gets them back in stock. I've always wanted one in white.

[​IMG]
    And I really want a Ric 4080.

And believe it or not, I googled doubleneck and JT came up. LOL.

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Hey John,

I would kill for that double neck Ric

if you're ever thinking of selling that, lemme know! :p lol

-Mark

9. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    What is the use of the bass/guitar?
    The one thing I can think of is when in a jam session "No stupid you play the guitar solo like this"

Also Someone post a pic of Derek Smalls

10. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    HAHA...I never had gas for a doubleneck until I heard that! :D

11. Well for me the reason I'd want a double is, because my g/f and I were thinking of starting something with just the two of us... Each with a double neck bass/E. so that we could in the middle of a song if we wanted alternate roles.. Or even both play an in-sinc guitar solo and then both play alternating melodic basslines... I just think it would be an interesting project.. I'd also love to have a double neck with two basses... God, they look so fun....

12. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    LOL...

I know I've heard that said to JT at least once every time he posts the pic, so I'd bet you're at least 10th in line.

13. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
  14. what if there were two people who on one doubleneck played a different neck at the same time. like one person on guitar one on bass

15. LajoieT

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    When I was a kid I had a pic from one of those heavy metal mags of Paul Stanley and Ace Frehley (back in the original days of the full makeup) doing just that on a 6/12 Gibson. I've lookd up and down, cause I know I didn't throw it away, but I just cannot get my hands on it and I have yet to see it on the net. :crying:

16. is that a Washburn? man, I always wanted one of those!

Todd, great pics! I got to see Hellborg use his Wal in a duet with John McLaughlin... intense!

from the lows,

Stew

17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Yeah! It was a great bass... little warmer then a real steinie (but then it is wood). I loved it, but both necks were pretty unstable. I had to tweak it 2x a week most times of the year. I ended up trading it in against a brand new Ric 4003 in 87

18. there's just something about the coolness factor of a double neck, isn't there?
    :cool:

19. No doubt, they are just so versitile.... Heavy, but cool, and man how often do you go see a gig and the bassist or another member of the band as a double neck? Definately a unique look in itself.... :D