1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SHOW YOUR DISTRESSED FINISHES!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JIO, Nov 5, 2013.

1. My 63, 72, and PP bass! All real wear except for the PP. All of them play like butter. The 63 is my dream bass and I’m very lucky to own all 3. They are all P basses but all very different at the same time.

Attached Files:

Shawn Luckman, ICM, Microbass and 2 others like this.
  2. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Wow. I’m in love with all of these.

EdBo likes this.
  3. EdBo

EdBo

May 10, 2015
    Springfield, Ohio
    *Peace be with You*
    Zebra3.jpg
    Found this 4 or 5 years ago in the local Pawn Shop for $60. It has the thickest C shaped Neck I've ever wrapped my hand around, weighs only 6 lb's 10 oz's and is a fantastic player. I don't have a clue what brand it is.
    My youngest Son asked to borrow it to play some Shoe gaze Emo shows with it about 2 years ago and refuses to return it. Before he took it I pulled the split coil P pickup ouit of it and stuck an Active SD J in it. My Son refers to it as "The Beater Bass". :woot:
    ZEBRA5.jpg

4. JIO

JIO Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    That's a very impressionistic photo!

EdBo likes this.
  5. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    Player distressed but rockin'! :bassist:

Hachimitsu Pie and EdBo like this.
  6. Man those look amazing. I'm not a massive fan of a clean sunburst, but an old school played SB looks fantastic. Oozing mojo!

EdBo and brian579 like this.
  7. Lowendtech, sneha1965, ICM and 3 others like this.
  8. EdBo and Hachimitsu Pie like this.
  9. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Kubicki Fan, sneha1965, EdBo and 3 others like this.
  10. Oooo-la-la!

JIO and EdBo like this.
  11. Here you go. IMG_20200201_152117.jpg

Lowendtech, sneha1965, JIO and 3 others like this.
  12. EdBo likes this.
  13. That may be one of the finest displays of P-bass and tort I have ever seen. And I’m not even a big fan of tort.

EdBo and God's Favorite Bass like this.
  14. LOL...thanks man! WD has the good stuff. I'm finicky about it too as there is a lot of "meh" tort out there. I want some Spitfire stuff someday, maybe on one of my Jazz Basses.

EdBo and JIO like this.
  15. Yes and no. I have a 2TSB non-RW Dirnt I really like and wanted a spare so i grabbed a see-thru white Dirnt body and had a MIM Cabronita Precision neck w/reverse tuners and bridge and put it together. Same neck profile but a little wider spacing. Dropped in some DiMarzio Ps and it's a delight.

Microbass, EdBo and JIO like this.
  16. I just keep coming back to that. It's a very well done refin. Sure, I like distress but sometimes it's hard to beat the simplistic beauty of a clean old bass too.

DJ '65, EdBo and JIO like this.
  17. starjag

starjag Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2019

Attached Files:

Lowendtech, sneha1965, EdBo and 2 others like this.
  18. JIO

Jun 30, 2010
    Oceana (Pacifica) CA
    God's Favorite Bass likes this.
  19. No...it has been doing that all on its lonesome. I thought it odd, albeit pleasantly, so I'm guessing it is an early one and I have no knowledge of its previous life since I got it from Stratocannibalsphere. I don't think it was induced by anything other than natural causes though just by the way the edges of the check lines look. They are multiplying on their own and all I've done was to hand rub/polish out the body a bit prior to assembly because I don't care much for the scotch-brite or steel wool treatment that RW body's seem to have. I did the same to my Flea Jazz. Just looks too forced to me, but that's me. It arrived with some but now it has more.

sneha1965 and JIO like this.