Show Your Ibanez

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dincrest, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I figured since there are threads like "show your Warwicks" or "show your Nordstrands" and all that, that a "Show your Ibanez" thread was due. I did a search and couldn't find a "show your Ibanez" thread. Whether you love or hate Ibanez, they've kept a lot of budding bassists just starting out, in business.

So, yeah, show your Ibanezes.

And though my main player is a Warwick, my backup is an Ibanez Soundgear. (The big sticker is a surfing alien and the rest are all Hello Kitty stickers. There's even a Hello Kitty sticker on the headstock. Hello Kitty is so cute, it's evil. Anything evil is metal. Therefore, Hello Kitty is totally metal.)
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    are you a girl? :p only a question :cool:
  3. My 4 string practice bass that I use around my house. got it reall cheap brand new...from GC.
  4. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    my EDA905 in Red Rock Flat. my first fiver, it was sold last summer.
  5. Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    *peers down pants* Nope. I'm most certainly a dude. And, yes, I would totally rock that bass at a metal gig. I mean, heck, anyone can look all cool and tough with a black bass, but it takes a confident and foolhardy man to look all cool and tough with a black bass covered in Hello Kitty stickers! And I happen to think I could pull it off.
  6. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    I have been suprisingly pleased with the btb line of Ibanez basses. I played a 6 string BTB the other day and it was actually quite decent, and for close to 800 bucks thats a great deal. Cant say anything about the tone but the higher end ones have barts so they must sound fairly good.
  7. 69'Vette

Jan 28, 2003
    Cedar Hills, UT
    Here's one of 'em. A '75 Thunderbird copy. I have an '89 SDGR, but no pics of it...
  8. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    Can't show my Ibanez's, haven't got any pics handy. But I do currently have an old P/J Roadstar II, and an EDA 905F. I also recently played one of the "new" SR405's at GC and thought it sounded pretty good.
  9. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
  10. McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I've got an Ibanez SR885, its actually quite nice. I love the tones I can get out of it.
  11. Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    My SRX500 hangin' with the P.

Edit: Will trade SR for a 5-string...(mine's in the $450 range).
  12. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY

My first bass. Its currently at my friends house because I'm not too worried about it getting beat up (20+ years old and from ebay) and well...since my friend wants to learn bass, I'm lettin her learn on my bass I guess...just hope she doesn't complain about when you first start that your fingers hurt...-.-

13. '79 roadster and '94 iceman (strung BEAD)
    oh, and '79 P
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

This was my main gigging bass for a couple of years. It has a very good B string, better than any other Soundgear I have ever played. But the pickups and preamp are weak, it could use an electronics transplant, like most Ibanez basses with non Bart soapbars.

15. 85 Musician.

Attached Files:

16. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    From most recent to first "good" bass...

2004 RKB 900

1996 SR-1206

1992 SR-800 (converted to lined fretless in 2001)

17. fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    My BTB400QM BB. Very happy with it :D
  18. 69Vette

Sep 21, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    I forgot my Iceman!