Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

show your MODULUS!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkcicle, May 12, 2005.

1. funkcicle

funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    When I fell in love with a Modulus a few weeks ago I searched and read almost every post with the word "Modulus" in it.. what I was hoping to find(but didn't!) were pictures of Modulus basses owned by TBers.. a "show your Modulus" thread would have been great, i thought to myself.

Well, I now own the Modulus I fell in love with, and I STILL think a "show your Modulus" thread would be great. A description of the bass to go with the pictures would be great.. I'll start with mine! (sorry the photos are low-quality, I don't have a quality digital camera right now).

Modulus Vintage Jazz in white, genesis neck with chechen fingerboard. Bartolini passive J pickups with Aguilar preamp, body i BELIEVE is Alder but i could be wrong. I <3 my modulus.

Attached Files:

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    wow what a killer modulus. I would love to play a genesis yet have never had the opportunity.

3. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    I saw a guy at a concert with a quantum 5. He played chromatical fantasy. Wow that bass has clarity.

4. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    I just bought this Modulus Flea bass. The carbon fiber neck is amazing this thing never goes out of tune.

Attached Files:

carsbybigd likes this.
  5. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    My Quantum 6 TBX (TBX = neck-through......very rare).

6. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    BTW, it's fretless. It's currently at HG Thor GuitarLab having the fretboard worked on. The material that Modulus used for the fretlines was apparently a bit softer than the composite fretboard and had worn away a little over the years, causing less than perfect "mwah" in some spots. So I'm having the entire board leveled and epoxy coated. While they're at it, I'm also having them remove the top dots, and the lines will be the same color as the top, except for 1/4" of white along the B string side of the neck.

7. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    BW -

When did Modulus stop producing the neck-through models? I remember seeing these some years ago - then suddenly I didn't...

What kind of price are those currently fetching on the aftermarket? For a four-string? A five? A six?

Thanks,

MM

8. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    4 string quantums are really hard to find even now adays with the bolt on models.

BTW BW beautiful bass

carsbybigd likes this.
  9. Whoohoo, another modulus thread :hyper: . I love modulus basses. This must be like the tenth time I've posted this in a modulus thread, but here is mine.

Flea Bass 1

Flea Bass 2

10. funkcicle

funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    Wow, nice axes! I didn't know Modulus made a neck-thru, very cool.

11. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    - Modulus Genesis 4
    - Blackstone on Alder body (Black back)
    - Matching Black headstock and back of neck
    - Bart 3 band & pups
    - Granandillo board

[​IMG]

12. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    Here is my favorite bass.

Attached Files:

13. My bass teacher has a six string TBX with a quilt top and an alder back...it's one of my favorite basses...unfortunately he'll never sell it...anyone know the current prices for them, and why modulus doesn't make neck through basses anymore?

14. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    There are some flea's with a more rounded mm pup with coils expossed and a badass bridge. Then the other ones with the square mm pup and different bridge. Are these different years or options?

15. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    thats probably the nordstrand mm replacement pup your talking about. some people replace the original pup with these to try to get a "stingray" type tone. the badass bridge is a modulus option.

16. 1996 Modulus Quantum 6
    Sweetspot Pickup with the Turbo Option
    Bartolini Pickups and Preamp

[​IMG][​IMG]

17. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Good to see a couple of Q's floating around. I'm tired of Flea's getting all of Modulus' attention.

18. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    1992 Q5 w/sadowsky pre
    [​IMG]

1997 q6
    [​IMG]

19. Hope this image comes through OK....

Flame Maple Top, spalted Maple fretboard, Cedar Neck. Bart 59S pickups with a Bart HR4.7 preamp....

Attached Files:

• 35_3.jpg
      35_3.jpg
      File size:
      38.3 KB
      Views: