Shure E2 "ear phones"

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Jul 12, 2005.

  1. Iruleonbass


    May 29, 2005
    New York
    Hi, I have everything down pact on what I need to buy, I'll be getting my amp soon, and I relized I still need to protect my ears. While browsing around I saw the shure series, and read up on the monitering thing. And I love this idea, I plan on going compleltly wireless, so besides a wireless unit for my bass to amp. What else would I need to buy?

    Im assuming it would be a "shure wireless monitering kit" Than the only thing I dont know is how do I go about plugging the reciver into the amp so it transmits a signal to my ear phones? A line out or something?

  2. WalterBush


    Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Although it depends on the individual unit, yes, a line out, direct out, and in one extreme case I dealt with a tuner out.

    The higher end Shure unit has a two-channel mixer built-in that will pass the signal through onto your FOH mix, and allow you to blend between the bass and the house-provided monitor mix, etc. I've been eyeing it myself.
  3. Iruleonbass


    May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well it appears that my taste in bass gear, is a little to expensive for my wallet to keep up with. My amp that Im getting soon (I hope) probably around 2200 if I can talk them down enough, than wireless junk is around 1300 and the bass I want is also around 1100. So the wireless crap and the new bass will have to wait a little bit until I can pay off the new amp. If i ever get it.... :crying: