Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Shure E2 "ear phones"

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Iruleonbass, Jul 12, 2005.

1. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Hi, I have everything down pact on what I need to buy, I'll be getting my amp soon, and I relized I still need to protect my ears. While browsing around I saw the shure series, and read up on the monitering thing. And I love this idea, I plan on going compleltly wireless, so besides a wireless unit for my bass to amp. What else would I need to buy?

Im assuming it would be a "shure wireless monitering kit" Than the only thing I dont know is how do I go about plugging the reciver into the amp so it transmits a signal to my ear phones? A line out or something?

Thanks

2. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Although it depends on the individual unit, yes, a line out, direct out, and in one extreme case I dealt with a tuner out.

The higher end Shure unit has a two-channel mixer built-in that will pass the signal through onto your FOH mix, and allow you to blend between the bass and the house-provided monitor mix, etc. I've been eyeing it myself.

3. Iruleonbass

Iruleonbass

May 29, 2005
    New York
    Well it appears that my taste in bass gear, is a little to expensive for my wallet to keep up with. My amp that Im getting soon (I hope) probably around 2200 if I can talk them down enough, than wireless junk is around 1300 and the bass I want is also around 1100. So the wireless crap and the new bass will have to wait a little bit until I can pay off the new amp. If i ever get it.... :crying: