1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Shuttle 6.0

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eee, May 8, 2010.

1. eee

eee

Jan 17, 2009
    Hey guys

I'm thinking of dropping some dough on a shuttle 6.0 and a GB 210. I like the way the two sound together, tried it through pretty much every bass in the store. I'm just wondering if there are any hidden negatives with this amp...anyone care to enlighten me?

2. adamov

adamov

Jan 29, 2009
    I run mine with a GB 210T XB-2 sometimes. No complaints here.

3. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I run mine with a Berg HT112/EX112 mini stack, or an Aguilar S210. Great little amp! The people who don't dig it usually say that it is "not as loud" as some of the competing micro amps and does not have as much bottom end. It seems plenty capable to me and the bottom end issue is simply a question of how Genz wanted to voice it. I say turn the bass knob up, or use the low frequency boost button if desired. The preamp gain, volume, and Master volume knobs give a great degree of control over the sound and need to be played around with a bit to find your sound with a particular bass. I love the light weight and the tones I get out of it. Top shelf customer service from Genz Benz if any issues arise. Transferable 2 year warranty. Bought mine here from a TB member. Highly recommended. :)

4. eee

eee

Jan 17, 2009
    Cool.

Thanks guys.

5. boing

boing

Feb 15, 2004
    WNC, USA
    Three year. :)

6. I run my Shuttle 6.0 into a pair of Avatar cabs (B210/B212 neos) and have never had a problem with not having enough volume. I've never had anyone ever tell me I'm not loud enough and I think I've only had the volume above 4 once, and that was when I only had my 2x10 and was keeping up with two guitars, keys, drums, acoustic guitar/vocals at a jam. And I *was* keeping up. hehehe :)

Low end isn't an issue either... man, that rig with my Pbass V THUNDERS. I bump the bass knob up a bit depending on the room I'm playing in, occasionally use the mid-scoop shape switch for a "sound," but don't really mess with the controls much.

The DI sounds fantastic too, I've used it to record and at shows, sound guys have commented on how much they like it.

Dialing in "my sound" is easy too... I run the tube preamp *just* edging into overdrive and adjust the preamp volume up til the master volume clilps just a touch and then back it off. Adjust the master volume to taste and done! (in fact, it took me longer to type all that than it does to dial in my Shuttle to my different basses! :D)

I absolutely love my Shuttle. And the look on people's faces when I pick up my 600 watt amp with one hand is pretty funny. lol

5sg.

7. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    I stand humbly corrected. :D

8. Let's keep this thread going - we need a running thread on the Shuttle 6.0 like the ones on the 3.0 and 9.0.

I got my 6.0 in December as a Christmas gift.

I played a gig at a music store in November and they provided a Shuttle 6.0 with a 12T speaker. I was glad that I didn't have to carry in my Sunn Coliseum-300 and Peavey 15" cab (totaling a bit over 100 pounds).

I was totally blown away by the G-B Shuttle 6.0. I darn near blew my band off the stage with the first number, and they were amazed as its power and sound. It was a complete revelation about what was capable with lightweight gear.

Within a week, I had decided to sell my Peavey 15" and 4x10 G-K cabs and put the money into the Genz-Benz. My wife and I planned it out as a Christmas present, and she bought the 6.0 and a pair of 12T speakers. I sold the heavy cabs via Craigslist within a week and put the money into the G-B gear.

Now I can bring the Shuttle 6.0 and a single 12T into the venue with one hand, and have 375W on tap in one 36-pound package!

I am absolutely delighted that (for me), heavy amps and cabs are absolutely no longer needed.

9. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    I love mine... I did an outdoor thing for memorial day through my Schro 1212L.. 4 ohm.. and I had no complaints.. Good on the bottom end.. I don't like my sound too trebly.. Between the Pre controls, the boosts and the tone controls... you can get a lot out of this amp.

10. kander

kander

Feb 3, 2007
    Philadelphia
    I played an Ampeg SVT 2-Pro for 6 years and LOVED it. Things changed and I needed an amp that I could carry on the subway. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford to have two amps so I sold the 2-Pro and got the Shuttle 6.0 and couldn't be happier. It's a fantastic amp. Coupled with a VT bass pedal I can recreate the tone of my old Ampeg. I highly recommend this little guy.

11. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Just played an outdoor Reggae/Soca/Calypso gig tonight with my Shuttle 6.0. I have also gigged with it at Bills Records last weekend in Dallas, and on Memorial Day for a house concert at a party. For each performance I used two Epifani 8 ohm 210 cabs, except for the house concert the cab was an Epifani UL1 410 (the 210 cabs were repurposed as a PA. :eek: :eek: :eek: Worked well, BTW.

With this shuttle powered rig I have used my Jazz ('09 RW), my 55-01D, an (old passive 2-knob) MTD Artist 5-string, and a Sadowsky P/J 4-string.

I have been all over the place on EQ, but generally I boost lows. Power to spare, and I like the warm but clean sound. I can't seem to load my lead sled unless it is going to be driving a PA.

I am very happy with my shuttle 6.0 (Thanks Doug!).

12. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jim, you turned my (uh, I mean YOUR) UL210 into a PA cab?!! :eek: Actually I'll bet it sounded pretty good! Creative thinking on your part. ;)

13. Hi, I imported my Shuttle 6.0 about two and half years ago, and used it in many applications, on Double Bass with 2No. Phil Jones Piranah cabs and with electric bass with an Ampeg SVT 15EN & SVT 210 HE.

The amp always and I mean always blew everyone away, any other bassist that used it on indoor or outdoor concerts couldn't get over the tone and volume and ofter mentioned that their basses never sounded better :)

IMO I think that this is one of the better lightweight amps on the market at present, although I'm gassing for a Phil Jones M500 having heard one recently at a festival!

Cheers

Drew

14. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Oh Alan-it's not like it sounds--I use that cabinet for bass every single day and I love it dearly. :D I wish I could find another one. :bassist:

It was just that my Texas Rumba Flamenco band (TRF) didn't have a PA for a house concert. I improvised using a Mackie mixer, Crest CA-6, the Epifani 210 cabs, mics, stands, cables, and presto--a PA.

In effect, the keys, voice, and bass were all going though Bass amp cabs. Believe it or not, it sounded great. I had the bass in the shuttle 6.0 driving the 410. It was all at lounge (low) volume. :cool:

15. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I've been using my Shuttle 6.0 for about 6 months and love it. There have been times when using it with an Avatar B210 Neo where I thought I could use a little more oomph but when I bring out the matching Avatar I have nothing to worry about.

Before this amp I had used an SWR SM400 for about 12 years and was using a VT bass pedal to help warm it. It was great for that but when I used it with my Shuttle I found the tone I was going for with the VT pedal on was almost identical to the tone from the Genz! The Shuttle really has nice warmth to it. Just this weekend though I started using the VT pedal again and am working on getting more sounds from this great amp.

Typically, I run my amp with the L.F Boost on, the Bass eq @ 1, Mid eq @ 1, the Mid Freq @ 9 or 10 and the Treble at 12 o'clock.

I love this amp.

16. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    I have the shuttle 6.0 /12t combo. Great little combo and no complaints here.:)

17. I have the 6.0/12t and am adding a 2nd 12 which I hope will be enough to supplant my "big rig." I could have had a lightly used 2-10 extension instead for slightly less money but I still haven't entirely let go of the notion that you need at least 15" and maybe even an 18". :)

18. tifftunes

tifftunes Guest

Hhhmmm... Must have posted this elsewhere... But, I recently recorded a bassist using my 2x12 sealed cab and the Shuttle 6.0, and thought it sounded great! He played a 5 string (RWs), and he liked the little sealed 2x12 cab so much with his GB, that he bought the cab!

I thought the rig was slightly bass shy... I'd heard this same cab with my TC RH450 in a small club many times, and thought it sounded great too... Still, the clarity of the upper frequencies was quite nice. The recording came out rather well too, if I do say so myself!

19. tifftunes

tifftunes Guest

Forgot to mention, this same bassist was very happy with this same mini rig at an out door gig with a 4 pc band.

20. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I love taking it out of my gig bag in it's little carrying case, opening it and putting it on my top of my speakers and watch people's reactions. They're usually something like "what the hell is that?" The fact that it cuts out one trip to make is also great.
    The GB Shuttle 6.0 is a great amp.