1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sire Marcus Miller V3 - battery depletion rate

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by schwimbob, Nov 3, 2018.

1. schwimbob

schwimbob

Nov 3, 2018
    Hi all - I just posted the following under the Sire Marcus Miller V7 thread, but figured maybe I should start another thread on the same subject but for people who have a V3 (even thought the preamps are supposed to be the same). Here is what I posted:

I just purchased a Sire Marcus Miller V3, and I am wondering about the battery drain. Could anybody check on the current draw of their Sire bass by doing the following: plug in a TRS cable and measure with a multimeter between the ring and sleeve of the exposed end using the DC amps setting on the meter. This completes the circuit (which would normally be open if you plug in a TRS cable into an active bass), and you can read how many mA are flowing in the bass. I got a number (2.24mA) at least 5 times higher than my other active bass, which would give me a little over 220 hours of battery life. Maybe this is acceptable, but is lower than I had hoped for. If anybody would be willing to check their Sire bass doing this test, that would be much appreciated.

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Responded in the other thread, I measure about the same...