1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Slower Downer

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by predmachine, Apr 10, 2006.

1. predmachine

predmachine

Feb 23, 2006
    I was tempted to by a Tascam bass "slower downer" which slows down a song but keeps the original pitch in order to learn songs more quickly, but a friend of mine said a computer program exists that will do this for you and it can be downloaded free. Unfortunately, he can't remember where he saw it. Anyone have any information on this? Thanks.

2. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Amazing SlowDowner...

http://www.ronimusic.com/

I have it. It does everything you need it to.

3. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Window media player will slow down to 50% w/o pitch change.

4. This is Media PLayer 10 which will apparently only run under XP.

5. Sundogue

Sundogue

Apr 26, 2001
    Wausau, WI
    Transcribe?

I did get a Tascam CD-BT1MKII and it is THE best tool for me to learn any kind of song as quickly as possible.

I joined a band and had to learn 60 songs in 10 days...and they played quite a few in different tunings. The Tascam CD-BT1MKII made all the difference. Best money I ever spent.

I still use it frequently for new songs as I can practice anywhere, at any time without bothering anyone else...or anyone bothering me.

6. lug

lug

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Media PLayer 9 does it as well.

7. HUGE +1

I have this -- it's an outstanding piece of software! You can buy it online and download it for immediate use.

8. chuckee

chuckee

Jun 9, 2005
    Norfolk, VA
  9. chuckee

chuckee

Jun 9, 2005
    Norfolk, VA

Sorry 'bout that, Iota. I intended to quote and reply to Bikertrash82. I deleted my reply to your entry, but you're too quick for my typing fingers.
    chuckee:bassist:

10. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Cool looking software, I've been thinking about buying one of those tascam devices but I think I'll try this instead.

11. But apparently only under XP.

12. Amazing Slowdowner is a great tool for learning parts. Slow down - speed up -change keys. Plus it even has a karaoke feature for sadists.

13. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    Another +1 for Amazing SlowDowner. I run it on a laptop with the line out plugged into a Cafe Walter headphone amp-- makes a great practice rig.

14. rebelbass

rebelbass

Feb 16, 2006
    New Jersey
    Just drink a four-pack of red bull;you'll swear it slows down 50%! lol at 8 bucks cheeper than a doo-dad. Seriously,I had a guitar practice thing,slowed down/pitch corrected tunes,was great!:bassist:

15. Just a thought...should this be in "bass guitars"?
    :confused:

16. Dbassmon

Dbassmon

Oct 2, 2004
    Rutherford, NJ
    Another peice of software that does this is Slow Gold for PC.

This type of software is one of the most helpful tools there is for learning the bass or any instument for that matter. It's like having your favorite bassist sit and play each part of a lick as slow as you need and repeat it forever till you are ready to move on. When the notes are going by at a blur, it's really tough to pick things apart. This makes learning part and solos really doable. It will not help you with fingering and technique however. But for musical vocabulary.....great!!

17. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    I don't get any ad's or pop up's when I access the link or use the program.

Time to run AdAware and SpyBot maybe?

18. Don't leave home without 'em!

19. jim1457

jim1457

Mar 29, 2006
    Honolulu Hawaii
    The computer I have came with this one on it. I'm not sure if it's free, but it works good.
    http://www.stopzilla.com/