smallsound/bigsound mini vs F*ck Overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MetcalfBass, Nov 8, 2020.

1. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with both pedals, particularly the F*ck Overdrive. Haven’t found a ton of insight regarding that pedal beyond the pedalandeffects demo. Either pedal would live after my Rusty Box and before my TFR and b:assmaster. Thanks in advance. As always, any comments are much appreciated. Alternate options to consider are also welcome.

2. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I'm sort of hijacking this thread to say how much I love the Ss/Bs Mini. I hadn't used it in a while but I had a gig today and when I was putting a small board for it I tried diferent pedals for OD tones and the choice falled on the Mini (among contenders like MBD-1, YYZ, Westwood, Beta OD). And it totally crushed today.
    I loved every tones I got from it. It sounded so good and it just cutted easily through two guitars with fuzzes and distortions and delays and all sorts of noise pedals. I think I fell in love again with this pedal.

Jacobfred, cosmicevan and TheLopp like this.
  3. I ended up getting the mini. Phenomenal. Incredibly versatile. In fact, if my board wasn’t full, I’d consider a second one. Keep one low/medium gain and let the other rip.

Nunovsky and Jacobfred like this.
  4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Totally. I recently got a mini and I popped it on a board for bass and guitar and it smokes on both. I keep going to it despite having set up about a dozen dirt pedals to do some side by sides. Its got such great range and is really crisp.

As such Ive been GASing hard for a f.overdrive and a TAFM and a buzz. I imagine they are equally tasty in their respective domains

Nunovsky likes this.