Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Dec 25, 2004.

1. I can't believe this. I came home just now from my grandparent's house to find our cars, the grass and the house covered in snow. Real snow. I've never seen "real" snow before....not since I was a kid anyways.

I just had a snowball fight with my brother. A real snowball fight.

I know you northerners think nothing of this, but this has NEVER happened to me before. Ever.

Assuming it hasn't melted by tomorrow, I hope to take pics. This is too unreal. :hyper:
  2. its true...

anyways, snow is TX? thats crazy!
    how much snow did you get?
  3. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    Haha, I get a kick out of people who marvel at the sight of snow, me living in the Great White North and all :D We haven't had much snow this year actually. It's been more of the "freaking cold with no snow" kinda winter so far...
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Merry Christmas, Texas.
  5. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    On Easter in '99 we had snow here in Tucson Arizona! My kids actually built snowmen. I'm from Indiana so snow is no big deal to me but I moved here to get away from that stuff. Thankfully thats only happened once since I moved here.
  6. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I'm surprised it DID happen once.. arizona? crazy..

I love snow, but Colorado is a very dry state. If youd on't live in teh mountaisn, you only get a handful of very snowy days each winter. If you are on the western slope however, you get some good pack.

Christmas is usally inthe 40's pr 50's here. It was -5 with snow on thursday, but now it is all melted adn there is a high of 50 for Christmas... go figure.
  7. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I envy you folks that live in states that get snow. It doesn't usually snow down here in Tampa. Heck, we don't even have the pretty scenery that comes with the changing of the seasons that most states get. I really miss it.

Oh yeah, and 82 degree Christmas's suck! It's supposed to be cold for the holidays.
  8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    We had snow here about 4 or 5 years ago... it was cool.

Snows about onces every 35 years here in bako....
  9. :oops: Us too! We never get snow this far south either (right at the bottom of Ireland). So cool!!! Crazy snow...
  10. FenderHotRod

Sep 1, 2004

lol, We got ice and snow wen. and it is still here. In the south when ya get snow everything closes down. Our schools will close on the threat of snow. :)

And yeah northerners always think were crazy when we freak out about snow. We just don't see much of it, and we can't hardly drive when the roads or clear much less when they have ice on them. :)
  11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU

however, we didn't have a white christmas this year... :(
    Has only happened about twice since I remember.
  12. It's the same here :bawl:
  13. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    We're having a wet rainy Christmas here today. Luckily, its somewhat cold outside.
  14. We're supposed to get snow this evening or tomorrow. But only down to 1000 feet. Damn this temperate location!!!!

Unlike last year. Last year we set records for lows. Single digits!!! Man, I had NEVER experianced cold like that before. Spitting off your porch, and hearing it crackle and freeze BEFORE it hit the ground?! COOL!! (no pun intended)

Rock on
  15. cryptic

Nov 6, 2004
    Normally there is snow on the ground already in Iowa, but it has only snowed twice. Hope this winter will turn out like last....2 feet of snow on the ground, highs of -5 to was great.
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I am jealous. This is the first Christmas I can remember where all of the ski resorts within reasonable driving distance (100 miles) are closed because of no snow.

My whole family all got outfitted with new gear this past off season, and we have nowhere to go to use it.

17. Nearly 60 today. The odd part?

I'm in kansas. Wicked.
  18. Brat

Jun 4, 2004
    NW Indiana.
    I'm really jello-ous. I live in NW Indiana and we have about an inch. Then drive about 20-30 mins to Michigan City and they have a over a foot. Not right.
  19. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    I know that in the Beaumont/Silsbee area, my sister in law's relatives were about to pee on themselves at the sight of snow. It was nothing more than a few flakes, but the fact of something falling from the sky other than rain or inch-diameter hail was amazing to them I suppose.
  20. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Then it's because of you!