So Close!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jmattbassplaya, May 3, 2012.

1. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya

Jan 13, 2008
    This is total bragging right here, but it's so cool to say that I can't help it.

My band was setup to play a gig this Thursday in Nashville. Unfortunately, the promoter said we can't have the gig because we're not local. Whatever. The cool thing, however, is that the band who was setting us up is also good friends with the guys in Cage the Elephant, and he told the band to come out to see us that night! And guess what - two of them said they would!

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to do that gig, but I find it a HUGE honor to have the guys from a band like theirs to say, 'heck yeah, we'll come out and see an up and coming band from out of Knox!' It's just really cool, and to have that happen is a huge privilege that I felt like I had to share.

Anyways, that's enough bragging. I just thought that was really cool :)

2. But.... they won't see you. Won't that be a downer to them to "never again..."? Any other possibilities to keep the momentum?

3. Your promoter blows. Fire him. Any promoter that doesn't fight for you to have gigs, and instead excuses you from them is a lump of dead wieght brining your potential dooooooooown. Knoxville is not that far from Nashville, so that's just a crappy excuse.

Super cool to get some nods from a band that has some influence. Hopefully you will get another chance to have them come out and they didn't write you off as irresponsible no-shows. (not knowing the promoter pulled your plug)

4. JeffA

JeffA

Mar 28, 2012
    Wallingford, CT
    Very cool, jmattbassplaya. It's nice to hear that some guys that have "made it" would be willing to come out and support.

Aside from what Plays_For_Dog said about your promoter, I always get the impression that the music scene in Nashville is extremely pretentious and closed minded. But I've never been there, so I dunno.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021