1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So Facebook wants to know...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by tedious1, Nov 5, 2018.

1. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    upload_2018-11-5_10-41-16.

2. sqlb3rn

sqlb3rn

Apr 6, 2016
    Alabama
    Same thing with a guitarist that doesn't noodle when you're trying to say something about a part.

3. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    LOL, correct, and I posted this to the band's FB page, instantly someone tagged their drummer, so I'm going to have to point out the obvious it looks like...

EDIT: Fixed it on the bands FB page with:
    If your bass player doesn't noodle as soon as someone starts talking, is he even a bass player?

If your guitar player doesn't play half the solo for the next song in the break between songs, is he even a guitar player?

If you vocalist doesn't miss his cue because he's looking lovingly at himself in a mirror, is he even a vocalist?

I'm just glad we play punk and don't have a keys player...

UPDATE: So the guy who tagged his drummer has now tagged the rest of his band... I suspect I've found the punk keys player...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    BassCliff and McG like this.
  4. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

If your bass player doesn't constantly slap in a ferocious but unrhythmic manner between songs, is he really a bass player?

Nashrakh, tedious1 and mexicant like this.
  5. Matt Bowen

Matt Bowen

Feb 22, 2016
    Massachusetts
    Only if he or she only slaps the open E string repeatedly whilst the drummer occasionally hits the kick drum for no reason

6. My band is a four piece. So how is it we often have three conversations going on in the room during practice?

Mr_Moo and JACink like this.
  7. Yes, annoying but it was pointed out to me, I have been annoying!
    What? wadda mean. Out of an unconscious habit, I lightly play the beginning of every next song before it starts, just so I'm ready and in pocket. Last two drummers have complained. And I agree, don't noodle or give away the song before the band starts it. I have no idea when and where I picked up that habit.

Mr_Moo likes this.
  8. TWolf

TWolf

Jan 20, 2011
    The Deep South
    My band is a 3 piece and we often have four conversations going on in the room during practice.

9. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Speaking of FB, i heard the other day they are using algorithms to detect potential suicides.