1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

So I emailed mr wishnevsky and...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alexbass, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :meh:Asked him if he would make a 13 string bass amd emailed me with a $1000 asking price. I am not serious about buying it I was just curious (im currently getting a 9-string Prat bass), but now im curious about how he would make a 13-string bass? Someone here should buy one or start fund for this! P.s he emailed me w:eyebrow:ith some specs as well

2. Smilodon

Smilodon Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Norway
    $1000? That sounds incredibly cheap if you ask me...

A mexican Fender will cost about that around here.

3. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    It would have a really wide neck, lots of pickups, at least 13 tuning machines, and a really long piece of corian for the bridge. One volume and no tone control...... :)

You would be lucky if it came in under 16lbs.

But honestly, I don't see why anyone who calls themselves a bass player, would need any more than eleven strings, that's just silly ..... ;-)

4. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    It's not the price of the bass guitar, but it's a prepayment. It's to prevent people hook off buying the bass, while he already started with it :p;)

5. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol

I don't see why he couldn't buy a 13 string.

6. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Well you could have asked Prat the same thing, cause they make 13 stringers as well. Very wide and thick neck, could have one very big, special made pickup, or 2 / 3 next to each other, and probably a MonoRail bridge. They are ideal for extended-range basses :)

7. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Good lord! Would that even be playable? I can't even imagine intonating that!

8. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    Usually he charges $100 per string, you are getting $300 off.

9. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    I play a 12 string and I agree with you. It is very silly.

10. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Why waste a builder's time and have him discuss something you have no intention of buying?

And since there's already a post that possibly mocks 13 string basses, I'm just going to close this one now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.