Song Covers you like

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pokol, May 23, 2012.

1. I don't know if this fits the traditional definition of a "cover" - maybe a remix? In any case, this is US3's very cool version of Herbie Hancock's Cantaloupe Island:

2. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Roberta Flack had some enormous success covering some songs most impressively.

Peggy Seeger - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (original version)

3. Type O Negative's cover of Seals And Crofts' Summer Breeze is on the top of my list. It's appreciated quite widely on the interwebz, IME.

4. I love Nekromantix's cover of Rancid's "Dead Bodies."

There's many more, but I can't think of 'em now...

5. I'm really digging everything on Stryper's "The Covering" album from a couple years back. UFO, Scorpions, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, and KISS to name a few. It's a fantastic album, except I hate KISS so I deleted their song from my playlist. They do the covers true to the originals, solos and all, and I dare say that they do The Trooper better than Maiden did!

6. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
  7. There many versions of this song but I like this the best.

Faith no more - cover War Pigs.

I know people will disagree but I like it.

8. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Oh, that's been a classic since the day! Good pick!

9. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Ah, one just crossed my mind. Galaxie 500's cover of Ceremony by Joy Division really hit the mark for me. Kind of a forgotten piece.

10. BluesFan

BluesFan

Jul 27, 2011
    If you love Sting you'll fall for "100% Heart" from hopeless romantic Anton Alvarez. Get the song “Believe In Me” for FREE http://bit.ly/NfiI0z

11. Lawkeeper

Lawkeeper

Mar 12, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Triggerfinger's version of CCR's 'Travellin' Band' is pretty awesome: Triggerfinger - Travellin' Band

Sorry, no bass in this one. The bass player is a bit occupied drumming ;)

12. A Perfect Circle's cover of "Imagine" by John Lennon

13. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    The Arctic Monkey's cover of Red Right Hand by Nick Cave. I think it is the most improve song ever.

Arctic Monkeys version

14. Van Halens version of: You Really Got Me. Also, Pretty Women.

15. slipkorn917

slipkorn917

Sep 6, 2010
    korn's cover of kidnap the sandy claws from nightmare before christmas is pretty cool, also i love type o negative's cover of neil young's cinnamon girl.

16. Inverse Kinetix

Inverse Kinetix

Jul 12, 2012
    Kompressor - Girl from Ipanema

love this cover!

17. the super villains did an awesome cover of Movin Out by Billy Joel. anyone who likes a little ska flavor would appreciate it

18. I also love Sting's version of 'Windmills Of Your Mind' that he did for The Thomas Crown Affair. A part of my adoration for it comes from the fact that it was the first song I ever heard via the internet (streamed on WMP's Media Center) :p

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021