1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Source audio dubstep quest

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kinsonal, May 27, 2012.

1. kinsonal

kinsonal

Sep 23, 2011
    Ive loved dubstep and electric music since i was a kid. I recently realized that source audio has these kick ass filters for that stuff. The bass envelope and the bass distortion. I really want to get atleast one of them as the pro version. I was looking at prices and realized that currently i couldnt buy both pros. Which is better to get as pro. Other genres i enjoy are funk, punk, heavy rock/metal, etc i actually enjoy all types of music. Comments are greatly appreciated. Atm im thinking that i should get the pro envelope because it is a really good filter compared to what i have tried before.

2. Having used neither my opinion means absolutely nothing.:D

My thought process if I were you would be to look at what you have (although I would be you so I would look at what I had) on your (my?) pedal board now.

Do you (do I?) have some good dirt already? I (really me not me being you) think you (really you) would have more fun with the BEF.

Get yo' dubstep hand ready!:bassist:

3. Whilst you decide...

4. rsmith601

rsmith601

Apr 14, 2009
    Boston, MA
    President, Source Audio
    Nathan used the Soundblox BEF for many of his early videos. The multiwave and the BEF Pro came later.

5. DeltaPhoenix

DeltaPhoenix Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Gainesville,FL
    Get the BEF Pro. IMO the MultiWave Bass Distortion is not that good or necessary for what you want to do. There are other, more synthier fuzzes that sound way better. The BEF Pro is sweet though.

6. PhantomApex

PhantomApex

May 9, 2012
    Ireland
    Use your bass as source for a vocoder chained into a synth like Massive for ultimate fun.

7. bef pro is the main thing. from there just have fun with any other distortion and a synth for that extra fun.
    i use a bef pro, boss bass od3 and a zoom pedal board with expresion and i add the synth and other nice and weird sounds with that.
    yes i do the dubstep shindigity but nowhere near as good as nathan tho. maybe i should play more. lol
    have fun on your quest my friend.

8. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    yah. BEF Pro is way more interesting in my opinion.

the Multiwave.... i get what they're doing, and i dig that somebody's trying new stuff, but i never got along with the sounds in it.

9. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO Inactive

May 4, 2006
    Courtenay, BC, Canada
    I REALLy want a BEF Pro. I just found out that there's a shop a couple hours away from here that sells Source Audio stuff. The multiwave seems cool in the vids. The Soundblocks 2 version is a lot smaller than the pro and still has 2 presets. No eq though but still a lot of sounds in there. I've wanted a Source BEF since they came out but I haven't had a chance to get my hands on one. Might have to go for a little drive soon and check some stuff out.

10. behndy

behndy Inactive

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    yah. i'm looking forward to the newer BEF..... Half Pro? but i don't use the eq at all and 2 presets is fine. so i'm looking forward to having a bit more board space.