1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. SS904

SS904

May 12, 2018
    Connecticut
    Been using these for years. Fold up small too.

5BFDD13D-8CB1-4227-94AF-DFCC3B04FB68.jpeg 8B948EA5-AF99-4B31-A484-7B3B4ED763E8.jpeg

japhy4529 and StevieMac like this.
  2. L.G.Davies

L.G.Davies

Feb 13, 2008
    Long time Warwick user here. Probably owned around 12 Warwicks over the last 15 years. Just picked up my first Spector in a trade (euro lx4). This bass has me really questioning my brand loyalty to Warwicks. Seriously amazing bass. I really dig the thick nut profile and the tone is killer. Not sure how old it is but it has schaller tuning keys so must be a little old. I have a streamer lx bass here to compare it too and prefer the Spector right now...damn.

Attached Files:

3. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    the Hercules stands are solid. Even my six string members fit on them.

Arthur U. Poon likes this.
  4. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    It’s definitely the most stable neck wood out there. Albeit funky on the sinuses

Eddie LeBlanc and Rod Harder like this.
  5. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Forte Collector - not done yet Supporting Member

Well, I'm down one more from my current stable, I'm shipping out my 1977 LE Euro 4 string this week. As much as I love the bass, I honestly never play it live, and I'm closing on a new place next month, so the $$ will be welcome to pay the lawyers.
    That being said, with room in the herd for one more, I'm considering another Forte custom build this year, so who knows what that might look like......:cool:;) IMG_20210223_193251.jpg

The Rage, tbz, Trailight and 7 others like this.
  6. dpaul

dpaul Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Florence, NJ
    Nice score! I’m pretty sure that’s a Euro 4 (all maple) before they went LX. The Streamer’s may look similar, but Warwick’s and Spector’s are two different animals. Warwick’s are great for what they are, but Spector’s have their own mojo going for them. Enjoy

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  7. Thundar

Thundar The other ones are complete bull$hit Supporting Member

Many of us know your pain ;)....I went thru many Warwicks back in the 90's...Nothing growls like a Spector, Baby!
    Nice score, BTW!

The Rage, andynj65, TinIndian and 2 others like this.
  8. gclark51

gclark51 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Vilonia, AR
    None
    I use Hercules fo both 4 and 5ers. No issues.

japhy4529 likes this.
  9. L.G.Davies

L.G.Davies

Feb 13, 2008
    Sweet! Thanks for the information. Is there any major difference tone wise between Euro and Euro LX? Seems to be similar to other spectors I’ve heard on YouTube and it’s not too heavy either (9.4 pounds).

10. L.G.Davies

L.G.Davies

Feb 13, 2008
    Haha. Yeah. It has the exact tone I’ve been wanting lately. Warwick is similar but sounds a lot more compressed in comparison whereas the Spector is just lively and more even sounding. Very happy and might need to get a LX5 next now :)

andynj65 and TinIndian like this.
  11. Nice bass - but boy, what a spectular color choice for the chair. The contrast is exquisite to say the least.
    Lovely Spector there, looks like artwork. I bet it sounds great.

Eddie LeBlanc likes this.
  12. Drifter8230

Drifter8230

Sep 4, 2020
    NOVA
    That's a might fine looking bass ;), enjoy! It looks a little older maybe mid 2000's but I'm not sure.

Edit: The Spector website has a plage which lists the serial number/date information. That's how I dated my Rebop5.

TinIndian likes this.
  13. dpaul

dpaul Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Florence, NJ
    It depends on who you ask. There are a lot of factors that play into the tone (wood, electronics). Being that the early Czech models (NS-CR, Euro 4) were all maple, they tend to get you closer to the classic Spector NS sound. The LX series were a ‘sandwich’ of different woods. They had different preamps throughout the years as well (Czech Haz, EMG BT, Aguilar, Tonepump)

14. yeldarb69 (Brad)

yeldarb69 (Brad) Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    The Hercules hanging stands should work....

tbz, japhy4529 and TinIndian like this.
  15. yeldarb69 (Brad)

yeldarb69 (Brad) Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    In approximately two weeks, I will be in the market for a solid maple forte 4 with p/j pickups. If anyone has one they want to let go of or knows someone that does, I would greatly appreciate a heads up.....

Rod Harder and dpaul like this.
  16. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    The Hercules Hanging stands are fantastic. I have one of their fold up mini stands and it works great for practice. The only complaint I had with the Hercules Hanging stands is the release handle. It was made from some cheap plastic and after a while it starts to deteriorate and get real gooey. Eventually the locking part of the mechanism broke. Mine has been a Duct tape mummy for years. However, one of my guitarists just bought the triple version of the stand (mine is a dual) and that whole locking mechanism has been redesigned. I will be ordering a replacement soon. I have had my existing one for 8 or 9 years.

japhy4529 likes this.
  17. r_bnks

r_bnks Supporting Member

Can I get a number? :D
    IMG_20210221_083720.jpg

18. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Another Forte? :jawdrop:

One more 77 LE out of the club. I'm also thinking of putting mine up for sale. I need to get rid of one of my Euros which was the plan after getting the Forte and it's between the 77 LE and the Tobacco Sunburst Euro 4LX.

Such a hard choice to make. I love the matte finish solid Walnut and the classic 1 P pickup look/sound. On the other hand, the Tobacco Euro is probably the best feeling of the bunch. Something about that neck (even though it would feel even better without the gloss).

It took me forever to put my Rebop up for sale because I just couldn't part with it and now I'm feeling the same. I don't know how some of you guys constantly flip basses! I mean, if I got a lemon or one I wasn't happy with, it would be easy, but every Spector has been great so far.

andynj65, Xmatixx and Rod Harder like this.
  19. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Forte Collector - not done yet Supporting Member

I really like the bass, but I have gigged it maybe once or twice since I bought it, and I don't know what I want next, but it will likely be a 5 string. Considering either a Forte custom build, a Euro Classic 5 or possibly a Dimension 5. Currently I have only one 5 string in the herd, and I am finding that with some of the Pop / Classic Rock gigs I was / am doing I really like to have the 5 string but I don't always want to bring a USA 5 string to every gig. I still have 8 Spectors after this one, so I don't have a lack of options but I think I might like another 5.

20. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Nice Bass!

Who is the keeper of the numbers these days?

r_bnks likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 21, 2021