1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Club (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ryan L., Sep 25, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
  2. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Change of address subscription.

3. marshmallow83

marshmallow83

Oct 6, 2007
    I want a Spector... :help:

4. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    I just picked this up from Buskman (traded for my Benavente)...

[​IMG]

Can I join?? :hyper:

5. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    Send a PM to spector ray

6. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Really encouraging to see the Spector club get a new thread! As a proud Spector owner, I endorse this thread! :D

7. Buskman

Buskman

Apr 13, 2007
    Jersey Shore, USA
    Welcome aboard, Mark! :cool:

And just so everyone knows, I still have my '86 NS-2 (http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417559), so there's no need to revoke my membership! :D

8. Captain_Arrrg

Captain_Arrrg

Jan 23, 2008
    Mountains of Colorado
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Here's to another 1000 posts littered with beautiful basses!

9. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Hey, i got the exact same one!!
    Love it to death :) I'll repost pix in this thread soon :D

10. Doesn't Stuart have that look of a proud Daddy?

Why not? That's a beaut!

11. But without the burpy mess. :D

12. fuzzurin

fuzzurin

Apr 2, 2008
    So someone asked in the previous thread what the difference was in the sound between a Rebop and a Legend. I have a Legend Custom and am curious about this, as well.

13. different pre amp. I think the legend classic has a Jr. Tonepump and EMG SS-D pups. the Rebop has a Tonepump.

The legend custom (what I'm saving for!!) has an EMG pre, with HZ's.

14. I think the Legend sounds much better than the Rebop. That's my personal preference though.

15. Legends sound a tad muffled to me. I tried a legend 6 at my local music store and it felt great but no matter what i did with the amp or the on-board pre it sounded like someone stuffed the sound into a pillow. Love the sound of Rebops though. I tried Euro 4 at the same store and liked my ReBop better but that's probably because that bass could've used a setup and some new strings.

16. I think a lot of probably depends on the setup and how old the strings are, plus the amp you play it through. The Rebop I played sounded a bit thin compared to the Legend I played at the same time.

17. Jasonger

Jasonger

May 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Now with the new thread we can continue our goal of Spector domination of Talk Bass mwahahaha!
    Seriously my new Spector should be in by the end of October and I look forward to posting it.:hyper:

18. I figure it's worth picture. My USA Spector NT

21ae_1.

IMG_0240.

IMG_0236.

19. crimson_basser

crimson_basser

Jul 9, 2008
    Montreal
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    I agree, ive played both legends and rebops side by side and i still prefer legends. I think they have more presence, and more tone to them.

and besides having the nicer wood finishes of higher end rebop and other models, i think that legends are finished off nicer. I like the better quality gold knobs on legends over the plastic black of the other models. (slight nitpicking, but theyre grooved better to be able to find the mid point) And i prefer the headstocks on legends.

Thats just me though. I just like the look/feel of Legends betters, not that i wouldnt consider buying a different model.

20. ysand

ysand

Mar 26, 2005
    Athens/Greece
    Well here's my Rebop that is identical with the one mr Stuart is holding above hehe :smug:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.