1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Spector Club Pt. 5 (Insert Clever Title Here)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Apr 16, 2010.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
  2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    There's a whole old thread where Roger Sadowsky (I think) debates on this (away from) being the "proper way" to wire a blend knob.

I must agree (as does most everybody else) that it should (from the player's perspective) turn towards the pickup.

The way a Spector's normally works.

3. SpectorDetector

SpectorDetector Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Donno? I just hope there is nothing wrong with the bass or nothing shady happened...

It seems fine to me, great deal and it sounds fine.

4. Justin Beck

Justin Beck

Jan 27, 2007
    Arlington, TX
    Still haven't had time to get my own pictures of my NS4CRFM yet, but I am loving it. The tone is absolutely huge. I am talking drop a house on the mix huge. :hyper:

I have about an hour before I practice for a worship set for tonight. I have a feeling it is going to be awesome.

Best,
    Justin

5. Can't wait for the pics. I've been fiending for one of those for a while. I already have the 5 string CRFM. A 4CRFM would go perfect with it :cool:

6. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I never took some good pics of my Legend 4 I bought this year but had a nice sunny day Tuesday so took some outside.

7. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    More Legend 4 pics

8. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Legend 4 pics

9. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    Yes, their site has needed a revamp for some time. Plus their info on both previous models and current models is somewhat incomplete.

There's a lot being done to bring it up to speed. It's going to be much better, have a much easier/intuitive navigation system, and have full line information.

My only critique on that photo is too many and inconsistent shadows. The first NS, on the far right, because of the overdone shadows, looks like an NS thats been shaved down. It doesn't have the full bodied NS look. I love the NS shape, but if I was new to Spector, that "perceived" shape wouldn't appeal to me.

Funny. These photos are untouched. I've applied a uniform drop shadow at a very low opacity between the guitars. But they haven't been "shaved down" at all. These are images Stuart himself took upon finishing the guitars. Interesting point though.

Also, the shadows and light creases on all the upper horns/bass sides of the others are inconsistent. Some are heavily shadowed all the way to fully exposed. I assume this was probably a collage of many shots with obviously inconsistent lighting? The light crease on the second one from the right is actually reversed from the others.

Again, they propably are inconsistant. I'm not sure about the lighting that Stuart uses.

Truth in Advertising states that an image cannot be more than 15% altered. So actually, that's why it hasn't been really messed with.

I love Spector, but I am not a photographer (anyone who's seen my for sale ads could tell you that ). This is just my "humble" opinion.

No worries. It will never be released officially. It's a concept ad. Something that I came up with to come up with a way to display the different finishes, colors available.

If an photo like this was to ever be developed for a magazine ad or poster... we'd shoot it in a studio under uniform and controlled lighting.

Lovely collection though. My 4 year old daughter want's the pink one.

That was sort of the point. It's just a sample. I've been brainstorming on ideas that will get people's juices flowing when they see a Spector ad.

And to be clear... I do not work for Spector. I am a contractor. So in that regard I am doing work FOR Spector. But not employeed by.

I work directly with PJ but I have no authority, access, abilities, etc... to do anything for or on behalf of Spector.

Just to be clear. I will be working with them to develop a bunch of new stuff. And I am honored and thrilled to do so. I believe in their products and they are really great people.

Thanks for all of your feedback.

10. marchone

marchone

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC
    Sounds great. Looking forward to the results. What's the time line?

11. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I didn't think it had actually been shaved down physically. It was just that it was so dark around the edges, due to the lighting, that it gave that appearance to me, someone who knows what an NS2 actually looks like.

So that's exactly what I figured, you were given a bunch of lighting inconsistent shots and put them together the best you could and that this was never going to see ad space in it's current form. Actually, "Bravo" for what you did with what you had to work with.

Oh, and show marchone your post and teach him how to spell "inconsistant".......:bag::bag::bag:

;):D:D

12. bassboy01

bassboy01 SpectorWorld.com

Nov 28, 2003
    Oklahoma
    SpectorDector, if you just switch the wires on the P & J pickups to the terminals on the board it will fix the panning problem. Just sound like it was wired backwards.

13. SpectorDetector

Apr 20, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Anyone see the last page in Bass Player Magazine this month? It's the original NS2 JA featured. It's cool to see it and know that the originals had the Hazlab in it and not the EMG BTS. That combo of EMG pickups, Badass bridge and the brass nut sure make for a great sound. Not sure why this model get's no love?

Spectorarticlesmall.

14. SpectorDetector

Apr 20, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    That would work, thanks for the idea!

15. Christian Waiau

Christian Waiau

Jun 16, 2005
    las vegas/maui, nevada/hawaii
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, Aguilar, Darkglass
    jumping on

16. Sirapples

Sirapples

Oct 16, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Endorsing Artist: Spector
    Hey guys,

Though I'd finally post some pics of my basses...

The white one is an NS-2A.

The brown/purple one and the red one are my twin NS95s.

Attached Files:

17. Sirapples

Sirapples

Oct 16, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Some more pics...

Attached Files:

18. Sirapples

Sirapples

Oct 16, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    And 1 more :)

Attached Files:

19. JPSBassist

JPSBassist

Feb 10, 2010
    Santa Barbara
    That's an awesome looking collection. Sweet.

20. vates

vates

Nov 15, 2007
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    [and again]

subscribed! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.