Spector EuroBolt Series

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scubaduba, Nov 18, 2019.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Anybody have one or try one? Curious how these feel and especially, how do they balance. The old Rebop series was challenged a bit in the neck dive department. Also curious how is the B string.

EuroBolt 5

eurobolt5_1920x500.jpg

2. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Anybody? Really curious about these.

3. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    I guess I'm surprised I've not received even one response. Surely somebody on Talkbass has one of these?

4. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    I thought I seen you had one for sale a couple weeks ago.

5. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Nope

6. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    I tried one at a local shop during last summer. I wasn't impressed, and actually pretty disappointed. There was some neckdive, but nothing crazy. What bugged me, was that the neck wasn't true/evenly flat. I adjusted the bridge saddles, too, and...meh. The neck feel/profile was fine, just that the sound from the OBP-2 on here is very one-dimensional to me. There was that big Spector sound with both pickups on full, but every other setting wasn't really different, just...weak. Yeah, you could single each pickup, but they were unimpressive on the P and J scale. The control knobs felt chintzy, too, and one was really loose. The weight was fine, around 9 lbs, but everything else wasn't memorable.

I had high hopes for this bass, but sadly, I walked away with no more interest.

7. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Interesting. Thanks for that feedback. Do you think it could have just been a bummer bass that you experienced?

I really like the idea of a bolt on and like the roasted maple finish. I also like the idea of Aguilar electronics but it sounds like your experience was not positive.

Where did you try it?

8. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Weirdly, the only Spector with a good neck, that I've tried, was a budget Korean NS2000-5. I've tried US models, Euros, etc, and they didn't have even necks.

I tried the Bolt at N'Stuff Music, just outside of Pittsburgh.

9. scubaduba

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    I'm not sure I'm following you. What do you mean by US Spectors and Euro Spectors don't even have necks.

10. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Oops, I meant that with Bolt-on or neck-through, only the cheap one was true and even, or "don't HAVE EVEN necks".

11. TXBassTone

TXBassTone Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2020
    San Antonio, Texas
    No offense meant at all, but could the control been pulled up for passive mode which then disables the tone controls?

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021