Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

spector size

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Feb 10, 2005.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    hello friends. im a modulus player. have three of them. alot of my friends play spector and im thinking of giving oner a try. one question though. arent they real small like the size of a guitar? im a pretty big guy and dont know how it would feel. i like bigger basses. are the alot smaller than a flea bass? i love how they look. i dont know of any music stores in my area that sells them. there are some cool ones on the bay. i saw a couple really cheap ones in the classified ads here. i might sell one of my flea basses and get one. let me know what you think.

2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    there bodies arn't that small and I havn't noticed a huge difference between spector's and other basses body size. The higher end ones have contoured bodies but thats about it for size.

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I switched from a Modulus Quantum to a Spector NS-4. I agree Spectors are smaller than Modulus Quantums, but IMO, more comfortable.

I'm 6'2" and love the Spector body.:D

4. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I have a Q-4 and a Czech-made Spector NS4CRFM. As RAM stated, the Spector body is a bit smaller compared to the Quantum. IMHO the Spector's body has such nice contours; it feels super comfortable, and it's balance is as good as it gets.

I'm 6'0" tall and about 225 lbs ( "Husky" - yeah, that's it! :D ), and I personally don't feel it's body is too small.

I hope you can try your friend's Spector out to see if you like it's sound and fit before you sell off a great Modulus, the differences in tone are very noticeable.

Also, Spector's Customer Service is fantastic.

-Art