Spiderman 2.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    anyone see this? o'm hopefully going to be able to get tickets to see it tonight, it's actually supposed to be like 100 times better than the first, and i loved the first one.
  2. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Just got back from the midnight show. Better than the first, mostly due to a less Power Ranger villian.
  3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003

4. Peter decides he needs to put a cucumber wrapped in foil in his suite, because he lacks the armadillo in his trousers.

What do I know, it won't be out in Hong Kong for another couple weeks. :bawl:

I seem to be mistaken. It's already out here.
  5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I will see it today, if I can get in free. I didn't really care for the first one though.
  6. Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    Being a complete and utter comic book geek has me quite excited about this movie. Probably won't see it for awhile though (and therefore bring shame to all geekdom ;) ).
  7. Mankind

Oct 20, 2003
    Well that won't be hard....
  8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  9. [sarcast/on]

im going to go see it...right after i see cinderella story

10. I saw it last night at the midnight show and got home at about 3:00 am and back up to work at 7:00 am(Runnin' on fumes today). Anyway though, it was a pretty good flick. I won't say anything except that it takes a little while to get goin'. That's all I'll say, so I dont spoil anything for ya. Let us know what ya think when you get back.
  11. Saw last night's midnight showing.

It was ok, but not great. They pretty cheaply set up for a part 3 too...but it was done well, I'll give them that.

Not as good as I hoped, and there were some inconsistencies in the film, but oh well.

Rating: 7/10
  12. ba$$88

ba$$88 Guest

Jun 13, 2004
    I just saw it. It was pretty good. The ending was better than I thought it was gonna be, but it was an obvious setup for the third movie.
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Agree 100%.

All in all, a very decent movie. Except the blatant commercial for Spidey 3 at the end.
  14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Spider-man has always been my favorite Comic Book/super-hero, I enjoyed the first Spider-man movie, and I just got back from seeing the 2nd one.

It was awesome! Very entertaining, very well made, very fun, and very much worth the (matinee) ticket( ;) ) There were a couple silly scenes here and there, and there were a couple dosages of woefully bad scripting and/or acting. But on the whole I thought the acting was very good and the script very Comic Book-esque.

I didn't like how much of a beating Doc Ock took though, like in general, since he's not really super...he just has those arms, yet he was smashed around like he could withstand all that stuff. Same with Spidey, I mean, yes he has super strength and fortitutde, but I think they went a little overboard on the bashing he received. But it makes for entertaining cinema :cool:

I knew they would lead into Spider-Man 3 at the end, but they still left it kind of open ended I think, there are a couple of villains that can be the main antagonist for SM3, though the obvious one is the most likely, they did hint at some others.

Eitherway, my friend was telling me that it's been confirmed Spider-man Will continue past movie 3, so there is room for more.
  15. I should add I was almost in stitches during the "raindrops keep falling on my head" scene, especially when the screen freezes. So intentionally cheesy, so hilarious. :D

Also, its nice to know Danny Elfman is still doing music (the score is kinda ho-hum though)
  16. It would be awesome if in the 3rd one Venom was the villian, that would be the greatest movie seeing as Venom is the coolest villian EVER!
  17. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Polls reveal he's pretty much everybody's favorite, by far. But, the problem is the story they've created doesn't lead itself to venom....yet.

My speculation is that John astronaut is going to be going on a mission in SM3, he'll bring the symbiot back with him, thus setting the stage for Brock and Venom to appear. or, another possibility, John astronaut brings it back, Spider-man must use it to defeat Goblin, Spider-man gets tortured by it, and eventually gets rid of it(at the church) where unsuspecting Brock gets the symbiot, and fade to black with a menacing laugh or some such movie nonsense.

Personally, I wish they had introduced Kingpin earlier, instead of having oscorp be the benefactor for the various villains.
  18. ba$$88

ba$$88 Guest

Jun 13, 2004
    I agree with Robot. Ditto of everything he said.

I feel bad for John the astronaut. He got screwed :meh:

19. Thats what you're supposed to think, I think. :p That way when movie three comes around he can become evil and you feel some sympathy for him.