1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier Bass Opinions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hinto, May 11, 2010.

1. Hinto

Hinto

May 9, 2010
    Hi, I was at the local music shop today, tried a number of Squiers, really liked them. One that they didn't have in stock was the Standard P Bass Special. You can see it here at this link:

http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend...P-Bass-Special-4String-Bass-Guitar?sku=510569

This looks like a pretty sweet deal (would cost me a bit more, I'm in Canada).

Wondering if anyone has played these, seem to capture some of the nice elements of the P and J Squiers, including both pups. Any opinions would be welcome, I'm considering getting the store to order one for me.

Thanks,

Hinto.

2. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.

Quoting myself from here:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=622694

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I have a side project in which all I play are my 2 Squier P-Bass Specials. I love 'em!
    squiers002.

4. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.
    I still like it as much as I did (I've had it for a few months). No mods yet, though the strings that came with the bass were replaced immediately for being too thin.

5. becker4567

becker4567

Jul 26, 2008
    I'm a big fan of PJ's and there is nothing at all wrong with Squiers! Some look down on them because they don't cost big bucks, but they are a good sounding, solid bass! You might try Rondo.com and look at the SX. Another solid bass for not alot of money.

6. jnevi9nr

jnevi9nr

Aug 17, 2009
    Washington, DC
    im kind of digging on this bass yall.

7. I had one and even stock it was a good bass
    the hardware was decent
    and if anything modding it is super easy AND cheap

8. @Hinto - I'm Canadian also. Somethings that will save you some money, before buying from your local shop. Read the Classifieds in the area you live. Also, although we cannot purchase new Fender Instruments from US, we are allowed to buy used instruments through MF (and other dealers.) That used rule alone should save you some money.

Something you could also try is bring a printed copy of the MF price & ask if your local shop can match the price. Even if their reply refers to USD, remind them that our CAD and USD have been pretty much equal these days/months.