1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier/Fender Vin./Mod. '70s Jazz Bass... Knobs

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KateRose, Sep 7, 2008.

1. KateRose

KateRose

Sep 7, 2008
    New Lenox, IL.
    Okay so I decided to learn bass... and I just purchased the Squier/Fender '70s Jazz Bass...
    I wanted to swap the knobs so I grabbed a set of these

Now I'm sure this is going to sound remedial however I don't know my --- from a --- in the ground about these things yet.

So When I popped off the knobs and put the new ones on they are too big I guess for it? Ah! I don't know...

any advice = my great appreciation

2. whats the problem?

3. broadblik

broadblik

Aug 10, 2008
    Sheffield, UK
    The knobs wont fit the pots.

As for advice, I am really not sure, sorry

4. KateRose

KateRose

Sep 7, 2008
    New Lenox, IL.
    ugh .. so frustrated..
    i saw that other people used it on theirs.
    :rollno:

5. broadblik

broadblik

Aug 10, 2008
    Sheffield, UK
    I would bring it in to a shop, see what they think of it, it may be a manufacturer error, or you could have just bought the wrong knobs..

6. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    I'm in the same boat :rollno:

7. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    The Black jazz Bass knobs have screws in the back of them to tighten up on the pot shaft. Just be careful ont to overtighten them you can crush the split pot shaft or break the knob. The screws are probably allen screws and need a hex key to tighten them on the shaft . If not a very small screw driver. THe screws should be on the oposite side fron the white pointer.

8. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    I have that kind of knobs but there was no way they would stay in place :meh: and btw one of the knobs is missing the screw :bawl: