1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Squier serial number?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gonzo64, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Gonzo64

Gonzo64 Bass Ackwards

Apr 7, 2012
    Towson, MD
    An anyone tell me the year of a Squier P-bass serial #cy30810174? I've tried searches, but they're telling me it was made in 1930 or 2030, either of which I'm really hoping for, but.....thanks for any info........David

2. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggravesmusic.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Right! Probably 2003 though, my guess.

3. The CY indicates - in the book I have - it is a Reliant-made unit from China in 2000.

These typically were in the 'Start Playing' packs that didn't make it to the US market, hence the confusion.

Hopefully this information proves to be accurate, as I only have the book to go by.

I also own a Cort but even though it was a 'Start Playing' unit, it has a CD8xxxxxx serial number - so even Fender Japan, China or Korea didn't keep good records somehow and they insist that the only 'Start Playing' units have an ICxxxxx serial number.

According to my book from Squier. But then what do they know?