1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Steinberger Spirits

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Vee, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Michael Vee

Michael Vee Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks for sharing, Junior57. That's stock all the way, those are the EMG Select humbuckers that were standard. $130 was a terrific price. If you like the way it sounds, keep it stock! But at that price, you could do the pickups and electronics and go for a strap hook if you don't like the way it hangs on a strap. You probably would have $400 in it at that point. Again, though, some owners like 'em the way they are.

sonojono likes this.
  2. Did the hook using 3d printing instead of carbon fibre. Was too difficult in cutting that kind of material. Balances so much better and now it plays in the same position, both standing and sitting. Highly recommends the hook mod, be it using plastic or a piece of metal like the other members have done here IMG_20200421_211431.jpg

3. Michael Vee

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Very nice, Kai!

4. Hi friends, during lockdown I butchered my steinberger spirit. The amount of modifications I did probably removes me from the 'club' but feel free to take a look :) My best efforts on my first time with woodworking tools hahaha
    Bass build/bass mod - Lockdown Edition!

5. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    I don't even know what to say. You should be excommunicated or something, possibly beaten with pool noodles for good measure. ;) :laugh: :thumbsup:

KaiHern likes this.
  6. SlickaBass

SlickaBass

Jan 4, 2018
    I made a straphook for my XT25 - see

Just in middle of messing with pickups having fret levelled.

QUOTE="Michael Vee, post: 23577842, member: 38783"]For $5? Make the bid and let us know how it works out! :)

There have been other improvised strap hooks, and some have machined them from a metal blank, but probably no one has tried a motorcycle spanner wrench!

As I said, as long as you could figure out how to keep it from rotating on the strap post with the weight of the bass on the (wrench), you'd be good. Maybe lock nuts and washers? Exceot those would not work on a standard strap post screw.. you'd have to use something like a bolt. Ideas, anybody?[/QUOTE]

7. SlickaBass

SlickaBass

Jan 4, 2018
    Was tight on my XT25 but they sure sound good. I got the 6 string set and the E to C is better fit that B to G

8. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    See post 520 :D

I used a 10" spanner so I could put the strap above the 12th fret (got the idea form lesfunk in a post above that). Mod turns the bass from a novelty to a useful instrument!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  9. Michael Vee

Feb 3, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    There was a post in another old thread where someone was asking about EMG replacement pickups that are humbucker-size. I thought I'd post some of the same links here that I did there:

Peekamoose is still in business! Peekamoose Custom Guitars and Guitar Repair NYC

Steinbergerworld can be found now at Steinberger World Their Yahoo Groups pages have been gone for a while now.`