1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stereo Head Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rick_no7, May 3, 2006.

1. Hopefully I am about to recieve a Ampeg SVT400t, which is a stereo amp. I am new to heads and cabs so this is quite a complex input/output section to start with. I have the PDF File thanks to Jarreld Tiers.

Ok, there is Amp A and Amp B, just to label them.

Now, I know I will most likely Bi-amp my stack. Sending the highs to my 4x10 8ohm through Amp A, and the lows to my 1x15 8ohm through Amp B. For most applications I plan to run into in the near future this is fine.

My question comes with this mono-bridge feature, and daisy chaining my cabs. When I bridge both amps, I get 400 watts and I can ONLY use an 8ohm set up with this bridge.

If I mono-bridge my amp to get 400 watts, and send it to my 4x10, THEN I use the output on my 4x10 to daisy chain to my 1x15, is it taking 8 ohms? or will this make it 4ohms?

Mono.

This shows them daisy chaining the 2 cabs. I basically want to know if Daisy chaining is a way of getting 2 8ohm cabs past the 8ohm limit

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    It'll be 4 ohms.

3. Thanks.

Was mostly curiosity.