1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sterling by Music Man SUB Ray4 and Ray5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RyanJD, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Like the looks of the wine colored one with the rw fretboard. My local GC only had black with maple. Even so, it was pretty cool. Nice output and quality for such an affordable instrument.

2. SBMM

SBMM

Oct 2, 2012
    Orange, CA
    Former V.P., SBMM
    So here's a quick preview of our all new for 2014 SUB Series Ray5-HBS Honeyburst Satin!

Will be available in the USA/Canada Feb 2014, and Internationally March 2014.

Still has a USA/Canada street price of $299!

Attached Files:

016.jpg
      File size:
      162.1 KB
      Views:
      019.jpg
      File size:
      84.1 KB
      Views:
  3. thebassbuilder

thebassbuilder

Mar 7, 2012
    Spartanburg SC
    guitar builder, Meyers Guitars
    Looks great but I do wish it was a gloss finish. But for that price and quality you cannot complain.

4. Meskel

Meskel

Mar 8, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    FWIW..... Put Elixir's (130-45) on the Sub 5 and not a good match. B was waaaaay to mighty so those will be the back up fresh set for my Stingray 4. If I switch out the pre amp and pots on the Sub 5 I might give them another test but it seems the Sub 5 shows more tonal range when the strings having less mass.

5. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.