1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stewmacdonald pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Fred Mott, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Fred Mott

Fred Mott

Nov 20, 2010
    I was wondering, do you guys know who make these pickups. My cousin put some in his P bass and they sound pretty good. They read 10.5K and Alnico 5 mag.

2. gary m

gary m

Jan 17, 2011
    Mid -Atlantic
    Sounds like the Golden Age series. They're nice pups, wherever they come from.

I once heard that they were made by the GFS folks, but haven't seen any proof of that.

3. bluesdragon

bluesdragon

Mar 23, 2010
    i was thinking about putting them in my Jazz bass? Wondering if anyone out there has done that?

4. I use their guitar pickups and they sound great. I am Fred cousin, and know the cousin he is talking about and those pickups sound very good. I was thinking about buying ,one of Carvin kit Basses. The Golden Age pickups are suppose to be to Fender specs. I was thinking about putting those pickups in it, if I did not like their pickups. I know I do not like their guitar pickups, I own one of their strats.

5. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    StewMac has them custom made for them to their specs. They are not made by GFS. I've heard good things about them.

6. Seems to me I read somewhere, they were made by Wilkinson. I might be wrong, I know Wilkinson makes guitar pickups.