Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stinkin' UPS

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassteban, Aug 15, 2005.

1. So I'm waiting on a CXC-110 from BassNorthWest- Friday the tracking page says "on time- due Aug. 12". Until about 7:00pm, when suddenly it changed from "on time" to "in transit". Stinkin' UPS.

2. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    I would send a complaint to the BBB, your local Chamber of Commerce and your senator/representative.

3. Aparrently you've never heard of The Jerky Boys. :smug:

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Uhhhhhh evidentailly you've never used UPS's online tracker... it'll say "in transit" just as much as "on time". No reason to go do all that junk.

-Ray

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I had a packaged due for delivery on a particular day and then the night before it was supposed to get delivered, it was changed to a rescheduled delivery of the following day. Yea it's irritating, but life goes on. Obla-dee-obla-da

6. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Unless that was your organ transplant. :eek:

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That does suck. Especially if you adjust your schedule to be home when it was supposed to arrive at the originally scheduled time.

-Mike

8. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    *lmao* Very true :)

9. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    So far, UPS has managed to lose my guitarist's new Mesa Boogie F-100 Combo...

They are currently investigating its whereabouts... It was shipped from Florida... and never made it to California... they shipped it ground, so there was never an update on the shipping status.. which isn't all that odd...

HOW THE F*** DO YOU LOSE A 100-WATT 2X12 COMBO AMPLIFIER???

10. Eggman

Eggman

Dec 3, 2004
    Denver, Colorado
    I have gear sent to my office by UPS all the time. Only once did I have a minor problem. I was expecting a bass to be delivered and there was no record of it leaving the Chicago area - up until it was to be delivered. Spoke to my driver who happened to be accompanied by a supervisor that day. He explained that not every packaged is scanned - either by choice or by accident. Location on the tracking website is more an estimate of where it should be given drop-off point and destination. The super then called the local office to put a trace on the package. They found it and had it in my hands the next day (on-time).

So - find your driver - have him start a trace from the local office - not the 800 number. See if that doesn't get things done for you.

Good luck.

11. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Update...

They found the Mesa in KC....

It's scheduled to be delivered on Friday!! :hyper:

12. Status: Exception. According to the guys at Bassnw, this likely means they destroyed the package. After they confirm this w/U.S. Musical(Eden's distributor/parent co.), they will ship me a new unit. Cool.. ..I guess. Stinkin' U :spit: P :spit: S :spit: :mad: :spit:

13. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I surprised BassNW shipped through UPS. The last time I ordered something there and asked if they were using UPS the guy on the phone says "Not if you want it to get to you in one piece" :)

14. Maybe they won't anymore after this. One thing in my favor(at least in theory)is that UPS destroyed something that at the time belonged to U.S. Musical, a large client, so they should have some major motivation to make things right...
    ..one would hope...
    :(

15. They didn't destroy it after all, though it appears they tried. I step outside yesterday afternoon, & lo and behold, the Eden amp fairy has visited my front porch. Hmmm. Box has evidently been beat up, dropped, lost, run over, found and opened & re-taped shut. New shipping label, same tracking#. I pull 'er out & notice that 3 of 4 screws holding the head in are not holding the head in, & 1 is not actually threaded into anything. I pull the head, remove the top, find the loose threaded insert for screw#4, reassemble & test. *Seems* fine- I'll test out the DI tomorrow when I get access to a PA. The boys at Bassnw said call Monday & let them know if I want to return it. What do YOU think?

16. bassman314

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Holy cow..

This is a NEW amp??

Another Update... My friend's Mesa is out for delivery right this very instant!!

The only funny issue is the original weight was 93 lbs. This one weighs 70 lbs. He checked with Mesa, and the F-100 has a shipping weight of 93 lbs... so he's a bit concerned...