1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

STOLEN MM Stingray 5 Indiana

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by foulmouthbass, Jul 27, 2012.

1. foulmouthbass

foulmouthbass

Jul 27, 2012
    Stolen from my home in Indianapolis.
    2009 or 2010 Musicman Stingray 5 HH
    -sunburst body
    -rosewood neck
    -torsoiseshell pickguard

On July 2, someone broke in my home and took all my guitars. (Home security systems don't really mean much when the police take hours to arrive!)

The guitar I am really wanting to get back is the musicman bass that used to belong to my friend who died in the tornadoes in southern Indiana on March 2nd. His lead singer and neighbor discovered the bass in the field (along with his body) after the storm and his widow was wonderful enough to let me use it in remembrance of Ronnie.

What separates this bass from the others is that I had to replace two of the tuning keys with the ones that were bent form the tornado. They still have the MM stamp, I just replaced the actual key. They are about 1/2" longer than the rest. It also may have some mud buried in the pickguard screws and battery case.

The one suspect I had turned out to have nothing to do with it and now I have nowhere else to go. The Indy police dept is up to their eyeballs with there own internal stuff and could not give two sh*ts about my plight.

Also stolen was an '82 black USA tele autographed by Steve Wariner and a rough sunburst 2002 sunburst USA strat with texas specials.

I just want the bass back.

If anyone in the midwest frequents the pawn shops and guitar stores in the midwest, please keep this bass in the back of your mind as your looking. Email me if you see it.

Ronnie was a great guy and this guitar is worth much more to me than its blue book value.

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/muc/3126898782.html

Thanks
    Joe
    jhtellas@yahoo.com

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

That sucks. Hope you get it back.

3. Hey there is a stolen and lost section here that could help you out