Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Stolen - Warwick Streamer Stage 1

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Hurley, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    It's a long shot, but I figure it wouldn't hurt. :meh:

Edit: I don't have the serial :meh: , but I know it was a '98.

It was stolen from my home in November '03. (I live in Dennis, MA.) As you can see in the pic, the color is a deep red (not sure of the name, almost wine red). There are a few white scratches on the back. The pictures do not show any of this, as they were taken before I bought it. The active preamp had just crapped out on me, and the bass only worked in passive mode. I was actually gonna bring it to the shop that day it was stolen... Also, it came with a hardshell case. The corner of it was cracked, and had a bit of duct tape covering it.

The sad part is, I actually know who stole it. It was an (ex-) best friend from middle school. He stole the bass, among other valuables, to pay for his coke addiction. What a winner. :scowl: I don't think he went too far with it, but it probably found it's way to some pawn shop in the New England area.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    ~Hurley

I've also "lost" a Music Man Sterling. There's a thread about that, too.

Attached Files:

2. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    Its not really a long shot posting that here! Id say that almost all of us here watch ebay. I will search for warwicks on ebay every day for ya! I sure hope ya find them man. Bad karma will be creeping up to his door step soon!

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I noticed that too. Same color, same year ('98), but the woodgrain doesn't quite match up.

Thanks anyways. :) It's really cool to see that people are actually checking this stuff out.

4. if you know who stole it, can you not get in touch with the police as well?

i really hope you get it back soon bro, i don't know what i would do if someone stole my streamer :(

5. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    The police around here aren't much help. At all. :spit: My "friend" is serving a few years for a multiple counts of B&E, but none of those have to do with me. I haven't heard of any basses being recovered.

Thanks for the kind post. I hope I get it back, too. I'm determined to find out where that bass is. I've got a few questions for my friend, if I ever see him...

1) "Where's my bass?"

2) *bat in hand* "Face or kneecaps?" ;)

Oh, BTW, do any of you fellow Massholes remember a news story about the "WC - Wrecking Crew" a few years back? Y'know, about the group of kids who went around keying cars, stealing a few, lawn driving, breaking windows, and stealing stuff? That's the kid. :scowl:

6. hahaha brilliant!

7. ShantiCat

ShantiCat Supporting Member

Shouldn't it be #2 first then #1?

8. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    :eek:
    Well, this was unexpected...

I just got back from the police station to update the report on this. At this point I don't intend to pursue this further. Without a serial number there isn't much in the way of concrete proof that this was mine. However, the wood grain is dead-on. I recognize the dings and dents, the black DR strings that are worn and installed as I believe I remember them, and I'd bet that the preamp doesn't output any sound when you pull the volume knob up into the active position.

No hard feelings toward the local PD. A serial number would've made this way easier for them to do any work towards recovering it. Lesson learned: ALWAYS DOCUMENT YOUR STUFF, TB.

It's kind of nice to see it again. Honestly, I'd be really happy just to know that the new owner is lovin' this bass. :)

~ Hurley

9. I looked at all the grains and my opinion is that is the same bass.

10. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

It sure looks like it from the grain. You don't have any documentation at all for it, like a receipt or email...anything? There has to be something they can do. There are things only you know about the bass (dead pre) and if that's still the case, it's worth pursuing, IMO. That isn't exactly a $75 Rogue.