1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stoner/Doom Bassists 53: Loud Noises

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lazarus.Bird, Apr 1, 2013.

1. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    DAMNIT MAN YOU WOULD END IT THERE!!!

I love Lamp.

2. Ok so I am joining the pissed off they cancelled Todd and the Book of Evil club, I finished it and it was like watching the last episode of Lost, what the f? SO many unanswered questions, super bummer

3. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    Thread ender checking in.

4. What? I can't hear you over my awesomeness. :D

5. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Few photos from the weekend...

Borracho:
    [​IMG]

Been Obscene:
    [​IMG]

Cool shot of the Ric
    [​IMG]

Our drummer
    [​IMG]

Pretty sweet pic of one of our guitarists. The green is coming from the lights on his board.
    [​IMG]

6. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Sam you cant be be awesome sauce, you are AWESOME SYRUP!!

7. dozicusmaximus

dozicusmaximus

Mar 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    So writing on Friday... It turned into HoF weird thrash chugalugga with some doom. haha. F*ck it. Sounded cool. We'll see how our first 2 songs turn out in a few weeks hopefully.

8. That second pic, the pbass has that extra pup next to the neck, looks like he has a guitar pup in there. Wish I could get my hands on a p with an extra neck pup in it sometime to try, so rare though, don't think I will ever see one sitting on the used shelf at GC or MGR.

9. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    I think it's a mudbucker. It was a loaner from Borracho for the weekend. He actually only used the P pickup.

10. Road Bull

Road Bull

Jul 24, 2011
    Seattle, WA.
    Nice live pics! Laz, was it your drummer that was thinking about getting a Crush kit? I finally heard one and they sound pretty sweet. The one I heard had a lot of bottom.

11. Hey Laz, anyone complain they couldnt hear you with only one little cab?

12. Yeah I am always thinking of sitting around the house playing, but I hear a lot of you all saying you lean heavily on the bridge pickups when playing live, I am assuming to cut through, so I may be lusting for tones that wouldn't really be useful for live sound if I ever got to play out in the future anyway. At home I tend to really dislike bridge tones on their own, or to just touch up the neck pup a little, like 75 neck, 25 bridge.

13. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!

14. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    I think that was someone else, Road Bull. I do remember someone mentioning those though.

And no, no complaints about not being heard :p Although we did only bring 212s for guitar, as this was our first time on the road and we knew the DC venue didn't have a lot of space. I think the DC and Philly shows I was playing with my TB1000 volume knob at 1 (on a scale of 0 through 10) and was still shaking some walls.

Lots of lessons learned. Bringing the 212s didn't really save us much space, so we'll bring the 412s or even 612s next time. Also, definitely not taking 2 cars from Pittsburgh to Philly again. Turnpike tolls are $26.30 for one car one way.

15. I thought the last time I saw Borracho they had 4 people, but its been about 2 years. Did they lose someone Laz?

16. hahaha yes! and syrup > sauce.

17. I will need an executive summary from someone. no YT at work and my phone isn't working.

18. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Sort of. Noah is their front man and also plays guitar on some songs. He is traveling Asia for work right now and they're not sure when he'll be back. Steve has been pulling guitar + vox duty and did a great job of it this weekend. Unfortunately because of the vocals and guitar harmonies they haven't figured out a good way to play my favorite song yet (Grab the Reins).