1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stoner/Doom Bassists Thread Part 14 - The Search for 13

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by thombo, Jun 11, 2012.

1. thombo

thombo

Aug 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Con't from here

2. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    New thread so I'll whore myself out again. We just made our FB page this morning so appreciate any Likes so we can get our short name URL quicker: https://www.facebook.com/pages/SuperVoid/267251663286712

Now everyone back to telling me if I should or shouldn't trade for this Gibson!

3. Trade. now. DO IT.

4. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    What he said, warmoth says or goes down in value/Gibson stays or goes up in value.

5. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Man, 13 went so fast I didn't get a chance to read a single post.

6. I think that in this economy, the gibby will probably stay pretty stagnant, value wise, as well, but it's definitely cooler, and you'll actually play it if you want to keep it, as opposed to the 5er, which you wont.

7. I agree with everyone else Laz. Trade!

8. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Laz, what's the Warmoth that you were thinking about trading for the Gibson again?

9. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Check my sig ;)

10. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Dude, that's a nice fiver. I'd hold onto it, personally. Maybe through on a tort pick guard and some different knobs. I know Warmoth's don't have the same retail value as a "vintage" Gibson, but Grabbers don't really retain that much value anyway. Unless they have a semi rare finish or they're in really nice condition. I bought mine for $400 (and paid $100 for parts and maintenance) and sold it for $550, with no bridge cover and no case. Just my $0.02 though, I know you've got a high turnover on basses. Something else cool will always come along either way.

11. Lazarus.Bird

Aug 16, 2010
    Pittsburgh
    Well I don't play fivers and have no interest in playing this. I'd just as much prefer to sell it for cash. I'm really happy with my Guild so I guess I'm just entertaining interesting trade offers at this point.

12. From a monetary standpoint, the Gibby. Is this even still a debate?

13. On a side note, listed the OLP local til Friday with special incentives. If no hits, it really is going off to ebay and I know someone will pick it up. So, two tenative items for ebay happening soon. Hopefully I end up with about $350 after all fees and whatnot. Got to try and stretch that for the DI, fuzz, zoom recorder thingy, and maybe strings or a guitar stand or something.

14. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Keeping trading around until you get another Ibanez lawsuit Ric 4003, preferably in a dark finish, then trade it to me for a stack of money.

15. Toastfuzz

Toastfuzz

Jul 20, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hahaha, for shiz n gigs I tried to add a Magma to my shopping cart on the Monolith site, Paypal isn't allowing him to accept payments anymore. However I'm sure he's accepting cash from any saps who reach out direct to bypass Paypal. I shouldnt say saps, thats mean... "internetally challenged"

16. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    If the Warmoth was of use to you I'd say screw the resale value and keep it, because it seems like a great quality instrument. I've got a few pieces of gear that are worth way more to me than I could get selling them. If you don't have any interest in using it though, definitely trade it. There's no other useful measure of worth when it comes to gear IMO.

17. CnB77

CnB77

Jan 7, 2011
    NJ
    Jeesh these threads fill up quick!
    I've really liked the Grabbers I've played, except for the body shape. Just feels a bit weird to me.

18. twhitedc

twhitedc

Feb 19, 2011
    NJ
    Hey CNB, where are you in NJ? are you laying in anything currently?

19. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    @beebassdude, did you finally gets bridge cover that fits for your grabber?