Storing multibasses...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Suburban, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    I was wonderíng how you guys with numerous instruments (incl. Brad, JT and many others) store them?

I mean, you would probably not have them all in their own sofa, as in those infamous "family pictures"! More likely, you've got some special room for storing them, or a rack or...what?

Need some tips, before I go over the edge of multi-bass-ownership!

I'm not sure this is the right forum - feel free to move it!
  2. I use racks that holds them parallel to each other. The ones I have hold 6 and collapse down to become like a suitcase.
  3. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    Right now I'm using two of the warwick racks [that hold 5], two double stands, three singles, two DB stands and any convenient wall :p
  4. Berten

Jun 6, 2002
    Maybe people can post pic's of there bass-storage???
  5. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I have over 20 guitars and basses and I have them on wall hangers on every wall of my 'music room'... :) :bassist:
  6. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I have a couple of stands, but mostly just leave them in their cases and gigbags.

7. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

8. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    I use the equivalant to the warwick rockstand made by yorkville here in canada I have a few of the 5 geetar holders...
  9. prockenklang

May 22, 2003
    I have (4)Anvil road case trunks that hold 4 basses in each one.Each trunk has 4 slots that you slide the hard shell cases into.
  10. quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    When they're all together they go in standard hardshell cases standing up in a large closet. When they go to gigs out comes the flight case.
  11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    ... and each slot has a little cubby underneath with a Tara Labs cable for each bass.
  12. Stored in their cases in a deadlocked, temperature controlled and alarmed closet. :ninja:
    I practice on cheap 4 & 5 stringers to keep my babies free from damage and fresh for performance. :bassist:
  13. frigo

frigo burn in hell!

Dec 8, 2003
    in their cases just close to my bed, so i can take the one i feel like quickly
  14. Personnaly, I own only one bass for the moment, but when I will have my second one, I'll keep them next to my bed in their cases....
    That's just what I want to do!

15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    I've got two, a guitar, two bass amps, and a guitar amp in my room at the moment (which also contains two desks, a bed, a bookcase, and there's very little room for movement now). I have two wall hooks for the basses and a stand for the guitar, and two more stands down stairs for other storage. Right now, one of the wall hooks started coming out, but it's one of those Hercules ones with the little things that go out in front of the neck-headstock joint so my bass didn't fall out before I noticed. Now, I take whichever instrument I played last and lean it against a bed post if I'm awake and in my chair, or against my computer desk if I'm sleeping in my bed. Gotta get that other hanger fixed...
  16. prockenklang

May 22, 2003

Dude,that was supposed to be a secret!
  17. Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Thank you, all!

I think I'll figure out some combo of the stand and the closet.
    Can't have more than three standing around my bed - it gets too dusty...
  18. Here is the Warwick rack so far works well.