1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Stuck and dont know what to do...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by sorefingers, Oct 4, 2008.

1. sorefingers

sorefingers

Mar 19, 2008
    Ok heres my situation. I have taken a few lessons and learned a few thing like some theory and scales. i kinda stopped taking them do to my school and football and stuff. but anyways im kinda of musically stuck. i dont know what to work on or what to do. i know this is such a newbie question but im really frusterated right now and wanna keep playing but dont know what to do. and im sorry i dont wanna learn tabs.:help:

2. find a grope of friends who wanna start a band
    maybe start writing some stuff

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Break your practice up: Songs, Theory, Technique, Jamming.
    Take it day by day. As long as you make a little progress each day, soon you will playing all kinds of stuff and having a great time. Get in a band somewhere along the way and most of all, have fun.

Btw, there's not much to learning tabs. Just play the notes as indicated. Instant song.

4. DocBop

DocBop

Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Go back to the beginning and do your past lessons again. It will get you back into things and the 2nd time thru will be fast and probably notice things you didn't before. Once back up to speed you will be in better position to decide what next step needs to be.