1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

stupid cables

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mothmonsterman, Mar 27, 2006.

1. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    don't you hate it when an expensive cable craps out on you?
    by the way off hand does anyone know the warrenty/ replacement policy on monster canles are? if i have to replace it, what do you suggest?:mad:

2. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    From what I've heard, most stores have a no questions asked policy for Monster...

3. BassTerd

BassTerd

Aug 15, 2002
    Los Angeles
    You can pretty much take them to any store that carries monster cable and they should replace it for you. If they ask to see a receipt just play stupid. Guitar center doesnt really hastle you about that but Sam Ash can give you a hard time.
    After you get your new cable be prepared to return in about another month to get a new one. Those cables are garbage. Thats why i stopped using them.

4. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    Just like Craftman tools at Sears - lifetime warranty.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I've never had that happen. But, then again, I take very good care of my cables, before, during and after use.

6. ollybarclay

ollybarclay

Dec 14, 2005
    just use planet waves cables although they are quite pricey but thoroughly decent quality..also have a lifetime guarantee.

only time i've had a planet waves fail was when my drummers hi-hat stand fell off the TINY drum riser and literally cut the cable in two...was kinda funny and also kinda not at all.

7. Kosko

Kosko

Dec 12, 2005
    Buffalo
    Monster cables rock, why you ask? because you'll never have to "buy" another cable. I broke mine, took 20 minutes in the old GC and got a new one no questions asked. Thats the main advantage. I'd would've broken a cheaper one since and would of had to replace it with cash. Thats their major selling point. I broke, well hell, just go exchange it. I thought it was superb service (for a place that is often less than superb).

8. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    +1 good point buddy

9. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    couldn't have payed for a better answer, thanks to everyone.