1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Stupid Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Didr, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Hi Fellow Bottom-feeders,
    I have yes..... a stupid question that I am sure one of you will know the answer, if not all. OK.... I have a Washburn Taurus T-24 Multi-laminate mahogany and maple neck and a Mahogany body in a satin finish. While playing this guitar, it developed a 'shiny' spot where my fingers plucked off the string and onto the body right beside the pickup that I use as a thumb rest. I do not wish to ruin the finish but would like to get the body evened out.
    What should I do?
    Michael

2. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Not really much you can do

3. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    Well unless you wanna pay $200+ for a luthier to refinish Teresa not much you can do just play it a little wear gives something a story and makes it unique

4. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

Tape off pickups and LIGHTLY rub shiny area with 0000 steel wool. Will make it look satin like the rest.

5. Post #4 answers your question most accurately, but I personally make no effort to make my guitars look any less lived-in, and I don't recommend you do either. It's always going to get worn and look a little abused, which is good IMO because that makes it YOUR guitar.