1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Suggestions for Delay/overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lkman_4, Feb 21, 2008.

1. lkman_4

lkman_4

May 14, 2007
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Well..im only starting to get my pedalboard set up and i want to make sure ive made the right choices. Ive been doing a lot of research and its come down to these options for Delays:

Eventide Timefactor
    TC Nova Delay
    Malekko Ekko (kind of iffy...less options)

Eventide-Timefactory.

I think i am making the right choice for this overdrive..im not too fond of distortion, but i couldn't help but deny this tone...

MLKO-BRSMST-2T.

well..let me know what you guys think..i need all the help i can get.

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I love my Ibanez AD9 analog delay... simple and to the point.

...dirt has far too many flavors, I like QUITE a few :)

3. In terms of OD, whatever rings your bell - everyone has a different taste.

In terms of delay, all your choices should be good (I haven't tried any of them personally, but TC and Eventide don't do crappy delays) but you should also consider the Akai Headrush E2, which does straight digital delay, tape delay sim and looping on the fly very well, although doesn't have as many other freaky deaky options as the TC or eventide. Or the Line6 DL4, which is nice although suffers from the reputation of being unreliable...

If $ are an issue, you could also look at the Line6 echo park which is very versatile and not too expensive and the clips I've heard are nice, or the Digitech Digidelay. Both are likely to be not quite as groovy as the TC and Eventide, but are very cool perfectly serviceable delays for a lot less money.

And I love my analog delay as well - I have an AD99 as well as the headrush on my board.

Good luck,
    Steve

4. I just realized...what's with the BIG pink triangle on the B:AssMaster? :eek:

5. Funky Chowder

Funky Chowder

Jan 8, 2008
    From what I understand, those are solid choices, though I have no experience with any of those pedals. If you were more specific as to what you are looking to get out of them feature-wise and sonically, then it'd make us better equipped to help you out.

The Ekko 600 is indeed lacking in options, but it sounds excellent, and the expression out for feedback control is great for situations like dub/reggae, where a little control over the self-oscillation can be a thing of great beauty.

Josh from Malekko has a great, albeit irreverent, sense of humor. :p

6. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    well, it is the assmaster....

j

7. lowbass68

lowbass68

Feb 3, 2008
    +1 to that. I have tried different Overdrive/Distortion boxes and it is tuff to find the right sound.

To complicate things what works for one bass doesn't for another. My Steiny sounds great thru a Turbo Rat, but my Warmoth/DiMarzio J sounds better with a Boss ODB-3. My Aria SB doesn't sound good on either of those.

8. Malekko

Malekko Malekko Heavy Industry

Feb 25, 2007

It's "inspired" by the Maestro Brassmaster...the graphics are basically the same except maestro is an orange triangle....
    What's so bad about a giant pink triangle anyway
    :bassist:

9. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Don't you guys know yet? Only real men sport pink!

10. Good ol' Weezer song reminded me, ironically while I first read this thread...

*must...stop...dirty....mind*