1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SUPERFLY HUM

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PINBENDER, Feb 27, 2008.

1. PINBENDER

PINBENDER

Jan 20, 2008
    INDIANA
    Hey guys im seriously thinking of ordering the superfly in the next day or so..does anyone know if the 60hz hum has been takin care of.. also ive read just about everything on here ,but can any owners tell me of any and all the downsides only( ive read many good things..how about the cons..)

2. PINBENDER

PINBENDER

Jan 20, 2008
    INDIANA
    anything

3. DumDrummer

DumDrummer

Mar 14, 2007
    South OC, CA
    I am pretty sure they stopped making those. Any you see are left overs and as such prob have the hum. They just came out with a whole new line of "micro" amps.
    I have a superfly and the hum really wasn't that bad. My main beef with the amp is that after having it for 6 months with little use it now sounds like it has digital "overdrive". I will be talking to Ashdown soon to get it repaired just as soon as I get my perfect 10 fixed which decided to start popping fuses...

4. Aren't they releasing a new amp that replaces this about now?

**edit (what he just said)

5. PINBENDER

PINBENDER

Jan 20, 2008
    INDIANA
    yes what i see are the leftovers..the fly realy was in my price rang,i have been checking the new line and 499-599 was out of my budget.maybe ill check into something else under 400 dollars thanks.

6. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    is that at all like Dynamo Hum ?? :cool:

7. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    I've got one, and yes, they have been discontinued for more powerful models at an even smaller size.

The hum...I read about it and bought one anyway. When I first plugged it in, I could hear the hum. but only because I was listening to it and really paying attention to it. After 30 seconds, I didn't notice it anymore.

I have played several hours in live situations with the Superfly, and you will not hear any hum whatsoever onstage....too much other "noise" going on. Drummer banging on something, guitarist tuning, keyboardist doing something...never a dull moment.

The "hum" is a non-issue, IMHO. Don't fret it. I have a Peavey Max 700 whose fan is louder than the Superfly hum. Seriously.

8. But does it come through the DI?

9. ezstep

ezstep

Nov 25, 2004
    north Louisiana
    I honestly don't know. We are off this weekend, but we get back on-track beginning next Friday night. I will respond to you next Sunday to let you know.

10. This is brief 'cos I'm at work. Mine has NO hum through the DI. Hum through 1 channel-turn off the tweeter and it goes away. HTH

11. MacktheKnife

MacktheKnife

Dec 5, 2007
    England
    There is a tiny amount of hum, same as in lots of amps.

12. PINBENDER

PINBENDER

Jan 20, 2008
    INDIANA
    THANKS GUYS , ive researched and research.and the size power and price realy sell me . little more power than i need for just the wright price. i know its been replaced by newer models,but i dont need to have the lasted in gear stuff...now to research some cabs.