1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Supplied backline

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Blueszilla, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    We're doing a 'Juke Joint' side stage gig at the Telluride Blues & Brews Festival this Friday night. To my surprise, the venue asked me what I would like as far as backline, so I figured I'd ask for an Aguilar DB-750 and Aggies 112's just for fun. Never tried these (not sold locally) and the worst case is they say no, right? Well they said OK and I got the DB-750, although it's paired with an SWR 4x10. I have a G3 also, and was wondering if this is too much amp for that cab. I like the cab well enough, but I know someone has opinions (Ken?) about how these go together. We have another show in Aspen on Saturday night and I'm bringing my Schroeder 1210R (4 ohm) and could use that with the SWR if I thought I needed to. What's the story with the Aggie, does it do 2 ohms (not sure the impedance of the SWR)? Any advice for dialing it in? There is a sound guy running the PA and all too. I'll be using my Skyline JO5.

Any advice is appreciated!

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The DB 750 will be fine with that cab (750w amp into 700w cab). Just use common sense and don't try to blow it out of the box. It does two ohms, too. Dialing it in...start flat, go from there. But listen, when they offer backline, take it and don't try to augment it. Just enjoy the loadout by watching union guys take down your rig.

3. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Good points all, thanks Jimmy.