1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SWR 4x8/1x15 rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ped, Mar 15, 2009.


  1. ped

    ped User Commercial User

    Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Hi guys,

    Today I got some cabs at last and now my pro quality rig for under £300 is complete. It sounds fantastic, everything I wanted. I can plug my bass straight into the power amp or use the Vbass into the amp in stereo. The cabs have a thunderous low end and are really REALLY articulate and clear. I will still be using IEMs 99% of the time but this fits the bill for the other 1%.

    The cabs are pretty light (about 55lbs) and quite compact (4x8 and 1x15) so moving it about should be easier and the two cabs fit in the boot of my Vectra!

    Cheers
    ped

    IMG_0110.

    How was it under £300 you ask? Well the poweramp is a 'no name' but works fantastically - 400w stereo - and I got a great deal on the cabs!
     
  2. Red Planet

    Red Planet

    May 29, 2005
    Atlanta
    Looks nice. What kind of Amp is that?
     
  3. Hi Ped, great rig and just how I like it... Good VFM.
    Steve. (Soar).
     
  4. erix

    erix

    Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    Your 2 Vigier look very nice!
     
  5. bmc

    bmc

    Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    That's a nice rig. I use the same 1-15 and that 4x8 would be a nice add-on.
     
  6. ped

    ped User Commercial User

    Aug 30, 2006
    York, England
    Thanks for the comments. The speakers are incredibly deep and clear sounding. Very happy with them. The amplifier is a 'noname' 1u digital power amp, 400w a side stereo. I plug my Vbass into it and run the cabs in stereo.

    Cheers
    ped
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.