Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

swr baby blue head

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by b-flat, Dec 13, 2003.

1. b-flat

b-flat

Dec 5, 2002
    Lisbon, Portugal
    hi!

i'm now finally trying to buy my doubling amp (BG DB) and came across a swr baby blue head...

how does it suits for DB? any ideas on cabinets?
    i'm looking for 150-300 watts (although the baby blue only goes to 160watt i guess).

i'm looking for a amp head because is better for trasportation and looked at brands like GK, EA, SWR... also the AI clarus (good for doubling???)

the ****ty thing is that here in Portugal these amps don't exist so i must buy based on reviews... so hope you can help me :D

i looked on ebay, but it's rare to find an item that has international shipping :(

can someone give me some ideas for amps and cabinets for the range of $600-700?

tks and cheers,

mad

2. Kevinlee

Kevinlee

May 15, 2001
    Phx, AZ..USA
  3. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I have an older Electric Blue Head and totally dig it. The parametric EQ is a great thing to have-- it gives you tons of tone options. I pair mine with an Avatar CB112 and the sound is amazing. (www.avatarspeakers.com)
    Cheers,
    BD

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I own an Electric Blue, it is a good amp for travel as it's built into a road case. The later Baby Blue Head is in a more typical carpet covered cabinet.

Sounds fine for DB but it's not real powerful. It's best matched to an efficient cabinet to get the most out of it. Be warned that although it's spec'ed to drive 2 ohm loads, it really doesn't like it...it gets very hot and clips more easily.

5. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I've owned every portable head there is and the best for the money is the Acoustic Image Clarus. GREAT TONE!!:bassist: