1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SX on Order

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jackajesusfreak, Apr 19, 2010.

1. jackajesusfreak

jackajesusfreak

Mar 5, 2009
    Well I decided to go with a short scale SX as a backup to my Hofner CT. I wasn't expecting much, but after reading reviews in several different forums and sites, it appears these things are a great bang for the buck. I might even end up gigging with it from what I'm hearing from other owners. It should be shipped today.

Jack

2. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

The SX short scales are very nice basses. I've had a few of them. They are very comfortable to play and not too heavy. The only thing you must do is immediately change the strings. Otherwise it'll serve you well as a stock bass.

If you decide to mod it and it's a Jazz, put a set of Fender Noiseless Jazz pups in it. It'll rock forever. if it's a P-Bass, a set of Quarter Pounders will sound nice in it.